Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809563 times)

Temperence

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6435 on: Oct 26, 2020, 03:01:24 PM »
I dont agree with some of the more extreme ideas expressed by some members but this preferential treatment over British citizens really does make me angry. I do agree that we should make this country a much less attractive place to come to unless by legal routes.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Jacqueline

« Reply #6436 on: Oct 26, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »
I don't agree with some of the more extreme ideas expressed by some members but this preferential treatment over British citizens really does make me angry. I do agree that we should make this country a much less attractive place to come to unless by legal routes.

There would be no need for extreme ideas if our government actually put British people first listened to public opinion and didn't try to shut us up when we object.

Diasi

« Reply #6437 on: Oct 26, 2020, 03:51:31 PM »
I don't agree with some of the more extreme ideas expressed by some members but this preferential treatment over British citizens really does make me angry. I do agree that we should make this country a much less attractive place to come to unless by legal routes.

Yes, being unable to get your wife basic medical help or paying a thousand quid a month for care home fees does tend to invoke extreme ideas.

The problem being it appears to be the case, in law, that there's no such thing as an illegal route.

So long as you say "open sesame" or "I claim asylum" or whatever the magic words are, it matters not if you crossed the channel in a dinghy & illegally dodged customs or hijacked a 747, the magic words can't be beaten.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

em

« Reply #6438 on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:28:32 PM »
"a thousand quid a month" for care home fees,Diasi?Where have you been these last few years?

Coastal

« Reply #6439 on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:37:20 PM »
Well I know some might think this is a bit sad but, I've been sorting and wrapping Christmas presents  ;D  I'm nearly all done now, I'm waiting for a couple of items to be delivered (this week) and to draw out some cash (as opposed to vouchers) then just a couple of odds and sods to finish it off.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Traveller

« Reply #6440 on: Oct 26, 2020, 07:49:27 PM »
A different doctor phoned me today to say that the results of my blood test came through.  No trace of gout, one other test was negative, but a third test showed a slight infection.  No clue of why my foot swelled and hurt, but it's largely OK now.  Knee is still slightly swollen so the doc wants me to visit the health centre on Wednesday for a look.

Not doing much otherwise.  Made a pork and lentil casserole for dinner.  Shopping tomorrow.
You'll have had your tea.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6441 on: Oct 26, 2020, 08:17:18 PM »
Well I know some might think this is a bit sad but, I've been sorting and wrapping Christmas presents  ;D  I'm nearly all done now, I'm waiting for a couple of items to be delivered (this week) and to draw out some cash (as opposed to vouchers) then just a couple of odds and sods to finish it off.

Well done!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Temperence

« Reply #6442 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:16:29 PM »
We are only giving presents to the children this year and then it will concentrate on putting money in the bank for them (or similar) rather than buying a load of cheap plastic toys they dont need. We Yorkshire lassies can be very frugal.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Diasi

« Reply #6443 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:57:08 PM »
"a thousand quid a month" for care home fees,Diasi?Where have you been these last few years?

Typo, I meant a thousand quid a week.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Coastal

« Reply #6444 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:14:46 PM »
Temperence, I suppose I have it easy really, I only buy for my mate and his wife (and dog) my sister in law, and my niece and her husband, I feel sorry for anyone with extended families, it must cost them a fortune, it costs me enough but at least it's not dozens of gifts.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Diasi

« Reply #6445 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:27:05 PM »
I phoned the surgery who told me to get an ambulance & my wife is now in hospital.

As it was non-urgent I went via 111 & I was impressed by the service as they arranged an ambulance which arrived in 15 minutes.

The crew did a load of tests & were quite concerned & wanted her admitting to a ward & not via A&E.

They expressed surprise that we'd been managing without any help when they asked me to show them how I'd been lifting her.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6446 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:52:00 PM »
Phil
Thankfully your good lady is in the best place for her at the moment. Here’s hoping for a rapid improvement.
Best wishes
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #6447 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:57:48 PM »
The worst bit might be after the kerfuffle..Hope she manages as well as can be expected without you.. My best wishes are for you both..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #6448 on: Oct 27, 2020, 12:10:59 AM »
Best wishes to your wife Phil, I hope she gets better soon, you look after yourself too. 👍

granny moss

« Reply #6449 on: Oct 27, 2020, 05:03:39 AM »
And Best wishes from granny moss, for your wife's return home as soon as possible.

I have finished dressing the fairy doll that Stephen had from childhood on the Christmas tree....He was so very pleased !  She is prettily dressed in pink lace....and silver bows and tiny pearls.....He is such a boy at heart.....!

Will try to make myself happy.....and enjoy a nice day.....Wish the same to you all. gmx