Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809427 times)

crabbyob

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6960 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »
there is not a brick in my neighbours house that hasnt had a hole drilled in it.. ;D ;D ;D

i am settling down to watch Newcastle Chelsea
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

richmond62

« Reply #6961 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:51:31 PM »
Filling the blasted things:

Hugh

« Reply #6962 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:53:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Traveller

« Reply #6963 on: Nov 21, 2020, 03:57:25 PM »
A beautiful, but cold  Autumn day.  Drove to Deeside to visit Drum and Crathes castles. Not so much to see the castles, but they had good bargains in their gift shops.  Bought a few 'stocking fillers' for our daughters and had lunch.   A bit more shopping in Banchory and then home.

Cooking Haddock and chips for dinner.   Looks like being a cold night.
You'll have had your tea.

klondike

« Reply #6964 on: Nov 21, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »
Packing some xmas presents
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #6965 on: Nov 21, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
i'm hindu... ;D  till new years eve then i revert
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #6966 on: Nov 21, 2020, 05:04:15 PM »
Well an interesting day.

Yesterday I didn't manage to get through to my wife's ward, despite trying on numerous occasions.

Today it was heading in the same direction until the phone was eventually answered by man who told me the ward had been closed & all the patients moved & gave me the name of another ward.

I duly phoned the new ward & was answered very quickly by a very apologetic nurse who confirmed that my wife had been moved to what she called the frailty ward & I eventually tracked her down & the nurse on that ward took the phone to my wife & we had a 20 minute chat, so it worked out well in the end.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

« Reply #6967 on: Nov 21, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »
That's good, but surely you should have been told about the move.  ???  Hope you feel a bit easier in yourself now.

Hugh

« Reply #6968 on: Nov 21, 2020, 05:18:42 PM »
Pleased to hear that Diasi just hope you will be able to visit belong.

Diasi

« Reply #6969 on: Nov 21, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
That's good, but surely you should have been told about the move.  ???  Hope you feel a bit easier in yourself now.

Thanks Raven, I don't know what had happened but I would have expected to have been informed.

The phone call more than made up for it though.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #6970 on: Nov 21, 2020, 06:09:22 PM »
What I like about you Phil is you are so happy to have a chat with your wife that all the other niggly things are forgotten.. When others would moan and moan..
 My good wishes to you both.x
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #6971 on: Nov 21, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »
That's really good news Phil that you were able to chat with your wife,  that'll put your mind at ease for now.  👍

Sheila

« Reply #6972 on: Nov 21, 2020, 08:53:44 PM »
That's really good news Phil that you were able to chat with your wife,  that'll put your mind at ease for now.  👍

That bit of kindness from the nurse was very welcome.  I'm pleased for you both.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6973 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:17:21 PM »
So glad to hear that you were able to talk ith your good lady
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #6974 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:44:28 PM »
What I like about you Phil is you are so happy to have a chat with your wife that all the other niggly things are forgotten.. When others would moan and moan..
My good wishes to you both.x

That bit of kindness from the nurse was very welcome.  I'm pleased for you both.

So glad to hear that you were able to talk ith your good lady
Mike

Thanks all of you,

I hope the nurse knows what a world of difference she made so asked my wife to pass on my thanks for what she did for us.

It must have been a job & a half for the hospital to move a complete ward-full of patients to other wards so a few people who weren't informed is understandable.

Anyway she no longer depends on supplementary oxygen & we had a good meaningful conversation & she was more like her old self.