Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809443 times)

Traveller

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #7245 on: Dec 02, 2020, 10:42:31 AM »
After some overnight rain, it's a beautiful clear day.  We're off to town to post some pressies.  Any other year we would be able to travel down to England to meet up and deliver things in person.  This year we've had to choose pressies that we could easily post and that weren't too heavy.  Up to 2 kg isn't too dear.
You'll have had your tea.

biglouis

« Reply #7246 on: Dec 02, 2020, 11:19:55 AM »
Im doing a photo shoot and have just come in for a warm.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

crabbyob

« Reply #7247 on: Dec 02, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
only one of my girlfriends wore a sussie, mostly they wore garters
the one who wore the belt had to borrow sixpence because 'she' lost a button off the belt so had to substitute the sixpence for the button... i might go to Canada and get my tanner back... ;D ;D ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #7248 on: Dec 02, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »

Hey crabby... That's gotta be worth a couple of bob by now... what with inflation..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #7249 on: Dec 02, 2020, 01:13:56 PM »
i was a knight in shining armour...lol... but i dont remember getting my tanner back... ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #7250 on: Dec 02, 2020, 02:40:04 PM »
What have I been doing.... ::) I got hooked in Google street view maps....Looking at all the places and villages near where I lived and from where my parents came.....It is all so real ! The Alps, the villages...all of it. I found the small Hamlet that was named after my Grandfather !!!! Still bears his surname !....And, it is hard to believe..not far from it,a small Hamlet that bears the surname of Jenny's husband.....It is a small world..... :D :D :D

I am now suitably worn out....so, Jenny bought me a nice cup of tea and mince pie....my feet are up and I am having a rest....Before I choose a nice good old Film on You Tube....All I do, is key in You tube  "My man Godfrey."...and up come the old Films that are much more enjoyable than the more recent rubbish..... :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7251 on: Dec 02, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »
There’s nothing wrong with modern rubbish that not watching it won’t cure!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #7252 on: Dec 02, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »
Got a call from the surgery today and now have an appointment in the car park for my flu jab in a week or so. I'm hoping that if they're dishing out the new vaccine by then I can perhaps get that too.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #7253 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:31:01 PM »
Did 1 load of washing then I popped up to Newtown (about 60 mile round trip) I didn't buy much but I did go into Morrison's, Tesco and Poundstretcher and fuelled the car.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Raven

« Reply #7254 on: Dec 03, 2020, 02:35:01 AM »
I had several things lined up for today BUT, it's snowing  :o  Just let the dog pop outside and wasn't expecting the white stuff. Hope it doesn't last as I hate the snow, was going over to Wick, but will see how things turn out weather wise.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7255 on: Dec 03, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
Raven
Can I persuade you to keep the white stuff to yourself, please?
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #7256 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:13:27 AM »
Good morning everybody !......It is so very dark !....Me too dislike snow..... :'( I only like it in pictures.....Thinking about doing my usual order to Sainsburys....Seven years I have been on my own....and I noticed that in said time, my order to Sainsburys, has gone up from about £45- 50....to £55-65

A jump of  £ 10 in 7 years.....I order about the same items from them.  During the week,  Jennifer gets me usually Milk, bread and a couple of bananas, if I need.   

Looking forward to my breakfast.....and remembering the ones I used to have with Micky when we had to catch a train to get to Liverpool street station to get to work......Eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms on toast.....The ad " Go to work on a egg..." on the side of the buses !!!!

Ads in those days used to become famous....Like :  I wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent....And what happened to "ESSO  ESSO" ? Put a tiger in your thank....  Can anyone remember them ?    I wish you could and put them here ! I loved them, it would be nice to read them again ! .....Friday is....? a hair shampoo ad.....?   gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7257 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:23:58 AM »
Murray Mints, Murray Mints, too good to hurry mints

quick dad, it's on NOW - TV times

H Samuel everite watches

granny moss

« Reply #7258 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:33:42 AM »
Yes ! I remember the Murray mints !!!Micky when he gave up smoking, had a bowl full of them at home and a bag of them in his pocket....Used to give them to bus drivers, young girls in the Bank...The Co-op and all that stopped to have a chat with him.....He became known as "The Murray mints man....." :D :D :D and he used to twist the wrapper like the Detective in Blade runner !!!!! You could follow  the trail !.....Happy days......gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7259 on: Dec 03, 2020, 07:03:41 AM »
Was 'Which Twin has the Toni' on TV?
Mike