Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809450 times)

GrannyMac

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #8085 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:27:23 PM »
What a cutie!  He's lovely.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #8086 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:45:30 PM »
The good thing is that it might be around the time she's starting a family when he'll need somewhere to retire from harness to?  ::) :)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #8087 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:47:03 AM »
A truly lovable bundle..... :) What a lot of cuddles  !  gmx

Today I am trying to have a nice day as possible.  Too early yet for me to decide.....I shall look at the flowers catalogues that I received, and treat Stephen to some new plants....

At my house One side wall was covered by two climbing roses....up past the bedroom window...One, a red floribunda and the other, the vigorous pink Albertine.....

They flowered massively as it was a total Sud facing wall.....stopping people to admire the show, it was so beautiful !!  Also had 3 lilacs....on the front.   One pale,  one very deep purple and one white.....As I pruned them with care, they always had masses of scented blooms !!!  gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8088 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:50:51 AM »
Forecast keeps changing - today's sub-zero temps are now going be 2-3C and tomorrow's heavy snow is now going to be sleet showers. We shall see!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Traveller

« Reply #8089 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:34:32 AM »
Looked out of the kitchen window and there is a strange bright glowing object in the sky.  Can't figure out what it is, but I'm sure I've seen something similar last year.
I was woken during the night by the sound of hail hitting the window.  There's only a light sprinkling of it on the ground, but it has frozen solid.    Forecast here is for 2 - 3 deg later today. 

No plans today.  I really want to continue clearing up my workshop and do another bit of furniture making.  I'm no joiner, but I simply haven't been able to find the cabinets that I want.  Next project is for a unit to hold the hi-fi, LP's, DVD's  etc..

Ah well, on with the work.  Clean the fire, bring in logs, feed the birds - Oh what an exciting life.
Planning to cook gammon steak with cauliflower cheese for dinner..
You'll have had your tea.

Raven

« Reply #8090 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:19:32 AM »
Awwwww the Wee Dancer.. 😍😍😍

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8091 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:45:23 AM »
Doubt I will be doing much. Two inches of snow so far and it is still coming down quite heavily
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #8092 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:05:35 AM »
We are having the same in rain and still pouring down Mike. Just got back in from exercising Roxy after a good to towelling and blow dry she's now settled. Rain changing to snow this afternoon and expected to freeze tonight.  

sparky

« Reply #8093 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:00:33 AM »
Sat with my coffee and teacake following an early  trip to town for a weekly shop, 

Hugh

« Reply #8094 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:13:56 AM »
Now watching my lawns turn white, its now snowing pretty heavy. The only thing I am doing today staying home and staying warm.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8095 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:14:26 AM »
Me too

Traveller

« Reply #8096 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »
Clear. 4 deg  and quite bright here in N.E Aberdeenshire, but with a  chill wind.
Drove down to Peterhead this morning to the nearest  Aldi and Morrisons.  Left home early so the roads were fairly quiet.   Both shops very quiet too and well stocked.   Got a real bargain in Morrisons - 1kg filleted sides of salmon for £5. 

No great plans for rest of day.  Got to pack the shopping away, clean the fire etc ..  Going to make Scotch eggs for dinner (substantial meal!).

You'll have had your tea.

Raven

« Reply #8097 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:10:31 PM »
Raining like mad here, but it's shifting the rest of the snow. I'm spending some of the afternoon chopping up neeps and filling up the sheep's feed buckets with them. I refuse to give them to the sheep as they mug you.... :o  Himself can do that, I'll text him when it's all ready and he can play waiter..

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8098 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:16:04 PM »
The snow turned to light sleet about an hour ago, but that has stopped. Nothing like enough to affect the laying snow, about four inches in all, but brother in law in Perth itself only had an inch which has now turned to slush
Mike

Coastal

« Reply #8099 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »
Amazingly enough, it's not doing anything in my part of Wales (YET) very grey and overcast, no sign of the colour blue, and apparently it's 7° out there but only time will tell  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......