Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819583 times)

Jacqueline

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #8130 on: Jan 15, 2021, 04:40:08 PM »
I've been busy playing with my new hoover, no stopping me now  !

Isn't it lovely when you get a new hoover, all enthusiastic with the cleaning.  I bought a Shark last year love it, but the novelty has warn off now.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8131 on: Jan 15, 2021, 08:54:04 PM »
I can't remember the last time I hoovered.  My husband claimed that job years ago and I don't miss it!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8132 on: Jan 15, 2021, 09:31:33 PM »
I left the house to top up the bird feeder, a round trip of about 12 yards - and that was it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #8133 on: Jan 15, 2021, 10:50:10 PM »

Isn't it lovely when you get a new hoover, all enthusiastic with the cleaning.  I bought a Shark last year love it, but the novelty has warn off now.

The novelty will soon wear off with me too Jacq , in the meantime the amount of fluff and dust I've moved from my bedroom was shameful !   I blame the laminate flooring, it wasn't this bad when I had carpet. :)

Jacqueline

« Reply #8134 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:02:18 PM »

The novelty will soon wear off with me too Jacq , in the meantime the amount of fluff and dust I've moved from my bedroom was shameful !   I blame the laminate flooring, it wasn't this bad when I had carpet. :)

I think that too, my laminate in the bathroom has grown fur ;D

biglouis

« Reply #8135 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:35:03 PM »
Housework is just symbolically moving the dirt around and a complete waste of time.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8136 on: Jan 16, 2021, 02:18:53 AM »
Well, that’s one way of looking at it. An alternative is the hygienic prevention of squalor
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #8137 on: Jan 16, 2021, 06:40:22 AM »
Good morning everybody.... :)   Another day to enjoy !...I have to do 2 Birthday cards  by  next week.....Today I search for inspiration....

Micky and I used to dedicate a whole day per week to clean the house. We had two vacs....one upstairs and one downstairs.....Micky put some lovely music on...and I was singing and dancing while cleaning.....   

With the double glazing, the dust was not much of a problem....When we could not clean the house anymore, we found a "treasure" young lady and she is still my friend.....!  She was very good  and so very kind and cheerful !

I love a clean home.  With vases of flowers in the rooms.  The first daffodils of Spring......Micky always bought me a bunch of the first violets....On my Birthday, always bought me breakfast in bed...The tray with a prittily embroidered tray cloth  ( I still have a vast collection of english old embroidery...)A small vase with a few flowers he nurtured in the garden specially for the day....and his own handmade (computer downloaded....) Birthday card !And he wrote the most beautiful  words of his love for me !    I simply adored him.  Miss him so. 

Have a day sitting down with a nice cup of tea, and simply remember your happiest times......It will help a bit, in these so unsecure times we are in !.....gmx   PS. We can use a lot of loving !.....

Traveller

« Reply #8138 on: Jan 16, 2021, 07:50:58 AM »
Very heavy rain overnight, but it's clearing up now and forecast is for a largely dry and warmer day.
Curiously the central heating switched itself on during the night.  Many houses here have external boilers and they have a frost protection thermostat.   It didn't switch on during the recent frost and snow, so I'm surprised that it did last night during the wind and rain.   

Mrs. T plans to do some baking today and if it is a bit warmer, I might get back to clearing out my workshop. 
You'll have had your tea.

Hugh

« Reply #8139 on: Jan 16, 2021, 08:06:37 AM »
Still raining here not looking forward to exercising Roxy in the thawing snow.

Be interesting to see how many more types of wild birds visit my feeding station.

I'll be getting some cleaning done otherwise just one more day in isolation.

1280 death the virus as claimed in the last 24 hours

Scrumpy

« Reply #8140 on: Jan 16, 2021, 12:22:52 PM »

Not doing much.. De-frosted freezer.. It's a good looking SMEG.. but a pain in the bum because of having to de-frost it..
Very darkish here today.. lights on in the house.. Since all the problems I find the weekends very boring.. Just a couple of dog walkers passing by the house..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8141 on: Jan 16, 2021, 01:00:52 PM »
Managed to get go Veronica’s grave for the first time since Wednesday. The lane is just wet, but getting to it via the state of the yard and the drive was a bit fraught
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #8142 on: Jan 16, 2021, 05:18:18 PM »
Housework is just symbolically moving the dirt around and a complete waste of time.

The dirt in our house certainly gets moved around.

It gets moved from the floor, into the vacuum cleaner & then into the bin.

Managed to get go Veronica’s grave for the first time since Wednesday. The lane is just wet, but getting to it via the state of the yard and the drive was a bit fraught
Mike

I'm pleased you got to visit Veronica, do you normally go every day to have a chat with her, weather permitting?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

granny moss

« Reply #8143 on: Jan 16, 2021, 07:44:36 PM »
I would be very distressed if I thought Micky is buried under a cold wet heavy soil and lots of worms......  I Have a nice photo of him and I have made a small corner for him. A very pretty Shrine. And I can put a small posy in a tiny vase he liked. Also I have an Angel and a votive tea candle, which I light for him as a prayer.   I do not go to cemeteries. Our loved ones are not in there !  They are all around us and care for us and want us to carry on with our lives and be happy. I feel their love all the time. gmx

Hugh

« Reply #8144 on: Jan 17, 2021, 07:37:15 AM »
Granny Moss I love your post, and so kindly put, each time I switch on a photograph of Yvonne appears and I say good morning love.