Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809614 times)

Hugh

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #8955 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:56:23 AM »
Good morning every one on this bright warm morning. My day start at around 0630 after a wash and shave and a couple of cups of coffee its time to exercise Roxy.

Fill my coat pocket with dog treats. All dog walkers I meet, I offer their dog a treat which gives me chance to get to know people which helps pass a lonely day in isolation.

Its quite fun now because all dogs know me, and if off their lead will come running to me for a treat. Good job I love dogs because many are quite large. Many owners in the past would would put their dogs back on the lead, but now they recognise me leave them to run loose.

Once home time to tend to the wild birds before relaxing with a cup of coffee and catch up with emails and PF.

Must do some shopping at Aldi, don't need much but need bread and one or two bits and pieces.

21st February was the 2 year anniversary of losing my dear wife Yvonne and she will be very happy to know I am getting on with living the few years I have left, before joining her.

Enjoy the good weather every one and have a great day.

Jacqueline

« Reply #8956 on: Feb 25, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
Its sunny here this morning and  I am still in bed, got up to fetch a cup of coffee though.

Hope everyone has a good day, it's a bit more bareable when its not raining and we have had enough of that lately here.

Need to get dressed and sort out the new curtains I put up in my bedroom yesterday.  It took ages to gather the tops, when I wet to draw them last night I have gathered them too much and there is a gap in the middle, so down they have to come and loosen the gathers, they are blooming heavy too but it has to be done I can't sleep unless the room is dark.

Alex22

« Reply #8957 on: Feb 25, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »
Lovely and sunny here today too and I've only just got up  !

21st February was the 2 year anniversary of losing my dear wife Yvonne and she will be very happy to know I am getting on with living the few years I have left, before joining her.     

Hugh I thought that was a really good way of looking at life on your own.👍

I think an hour in the garden is on the cards for me today, a good drying day too.

Hugh

« Reply #8958 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:15:52 PM »
Yes Alex I think Yvonne would haunt if I didn't get on with living. I suppose I am lucky I do not believe in death which I have said before. I am not a church attender, but like all Christians I believe the spirit lives on. To be honest I feel she is still with me. My views on death I will never have to get out of bed for a pee again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Done my shopping and the few items turned into a trolley full, but apart from bread I am now OK for a couple of weeks.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8959 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:31:45 PM »
Hugh
You  an always freeze bread
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #8960 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:44:16 PM »
We keep Warburtans wholemeal in the freezer and just take out the number of slices we need for lunch.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8961 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:46:29 PM »
I freeze Hovis Seven Seeds, bright it out a loaf at a time
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #8962 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:49:00 PM »

Phil.. I didn't want to get up when Sam died.. Bloody hard it was..
 Only you can decide what you want to to.. You can get up and showered.. Talk to your best friends (furry ones) and LOOK at the season changing..
 Or you can take the easy option and just bury your head.. Your choice..

All the time people are saying  'poor you'  'I remember when..'  'It is hard.. hard... hard'
  Then 'Hard, hard hard' it bloody will be..

I have brought this forward ..

Yes Alex I think Yvonne would haunt if I didn't get on with living. I suppose I am lucky I do not believe in death which I have said before. I am not a church attender, but like all Christians I believe the spirit lives on. To be honest I feel she is still with me. My views on death I will never have to get out of bed for a pee again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hugh... you are brilliant..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Hugh

« Reply #8963 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:48:43 PM »
Thank you Scrumpy

Decided to cook myself an early dinner. Lamb Shank which I did in a slow cooker. Potatoes and various veg 10 minutes in the pressure cooker. Simple meal for any one like myself who cannot cook.

Have plenty of ready meals when I do not feel like cooking.

Mike I do not have room in the freezer for bread, so I buy two at a time and one goes in the fridge.   

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8964 on: Feb 25, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »
Understandable.
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8965 on: Feb 26, 2021, 07:58:59 AM »
Not happy. Making the bed, reached across to pat the pillow into place - and my back went. Most recent occurrence was June 2018 and it took two months to clear. Hopefully this will be a passing spasm - used to get those quite regularly 5-10 years ago and they tended to only last a few days, but at teh moment having to use the Zimmer for the first time since the 2018 episode
Mike 😢😢

sparky

« Reply #8966 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:17:41 AM »
Suns shining, no wind , so an enjoyable  walk along the river later, Sons turn to cook lunch, and now thankfully the overs are over, I can look forward to playing Countdown this afternoon.

Hugh

« Reply #8967 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:31:34 AM »
Good morning every one on this bright cool sunny morning. Sorry to hear about your back Mike, thankfully not a problem I have. This morning going to cook some sausages and make bangers, mash and bake beans to add to my frozen ready meal stock.

For the rest of the day pretty much the same as every other in lockdown.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8968 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:33:17 AM »
So true

Scrumpy

« Reply #8969 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:48:35 AM »

Michael.. I hope your bad back is only a short spasm and soon rights itself..

A lovely day here.. Sunshine.. No clouds.. I will spend some time tidying the garden later.. I still need to pick up leaves from the Autumn.. Two of my mates have already cut their grass.!!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.