Author Topic: 2 million pensiomers live in poverty.  (Read 3287 times)

fortyone

Re: 2 million pensiomers live in poverty.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »
But Brian puts this out so many times.. He gloats about the money/pensions
 he receives.. He would see the elderly left to starve..
Something not quite right there...
I may be wrong but imo the gloating is just a mechanism (s)he has found which is successful in winding folk up. It seems to work so why not repeat it. What winds me up are the blatant lies. I call them out so they get repeated. What I should really do is have the willpower to just ignore it all. I don't though so I have only myself to blame as do you.

Scrumpy

« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »
What I should really do is have the willpower to just ignore it all. I don't though so I have only myself to blame as do you.

I can’t ignore it all because they are the only threads that I can be myself and talk a load of cr*p too.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »

I can’t ignore it all because they are the only threads that I can be myself and talk a load of cr*p too.

Have you been to the co op today? 😉
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

StephenM123

« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2019, 07:10:55 AM »
I tend not to believe Brian because of this London/Birmingham pension nonsense. Pensions are based on either final salary or monies in pension pot. These could be higher with London weighting  but not otherwise. His period in St Albans also seems dubious to me.

brian54

« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2019, 09:54:26 AM »
I don't even believe his name is Brian.

Why don't you come and meet me at the 4am running club this Saturday?.

brian54

« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
I tend not to believe Brian because of this London/Birmingham pension nonsense. Pensions are based on either final salary or monies in pension pot. These could be higher with London weighting  but not otherwise. His period in St Albans also seems dubious to me.

We could meet in St Albans at some point. Several people know me in the Leisure Centre mainly women for some reason.
The pension I had was final salary but as there were offices outside London web had the option to contribute to be paid a final salary provincial rate or London rate and after checking I would be paid at the London rate if I paid in at the London rate I did that.
Auditors have been on the phone a few times to ask why I paid for a London rate pension. My future daughters had not told me they would marry Birmingham men. They had not been born at that point.

fortyone

« Reply #21 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:21:20 AM »
Scrumpy, how do you feel about what you posted?  :)

fortyone

« Reply #22 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »
I tend not to believe Brian because of this London/Birmingham pension nonsense.
Nothing else that sounds a little unlikely to you?
I have a bargain offer on London Bridge which I recently won in a lottery. Can I sell you a half share?

Scrumpy

« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:44:32 AM »
Scrumpy, how do you feel about what you posted?  :)

I feel very happy about what I posted.. Happy that I am talking a load of cr*p to someone else who talks a load of cr*p..  I now know that I am not a dying breed.. That there are still people out there like me and they have been breeding too..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #24 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:47:25 AM »
there are still people out there like me and they have been breeding too..
I'll leave the witty response to Phil  :)

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Mar 06, 2019, 11:30:30 AM »
I'll leave the witty response to Phil  :)

You could be waiting for a while, I've just checked & he hasn't even logged in since August 2018.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #26 on: Mar 06, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »
Sorry force of habit. I'd forgotten that you had taken up the slack :)

Something like...
unfortunately not this morning
would have gone down well possibly.

Scrumpy

« Reply #27 on: Mar 06, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

That would be nice, we would be rich because  benefits cover rent allowance and council tax, dental work, opticians - I can't see pensions ever rising that much.

I wouldn't mind some of that..
 I pay Dental insurance.. I spend a small fortune on my glasses.. I pay council tax... and pay to have all work done on the outside of the house..
I have a little old motor that has seen better days.. I have just upgraded to a larger TV. that was paid for by my daughter..  I pay for all holidays and breaks.. ( I know people who don't)..
  Oh! I forgot.. my mobile phone is an old,old Nokia... It doesn't take pics or tell me where I am going or where I have been and I can't get the internet on it..   I bet (many) people claiming benefits wouldn't be seen dead holding one in their hands..

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2019, 03:29:26 PM »

Perhaps we should have a higher state pension and cut back on benefits.  Nobody would be worse off, but those who have provided for themselves and do not qualify for benefits would get a bit more back.

Oh dear Traveller, I have been talking about this on here for ages.  If everyone had the same state pension - a basic living pension - of say, £12,500 from this April - we should take people out of all means tested benefits with the exception of housing benefit.  As that will only be sorted out by building more houses I'm afraid that needs to be put aside for the moment.  All those on the basic living pension would then not receive a personal tax allowance (although you might want to introduce a lower level of tax up to that amount).   The savings in admin alone should help pay for this plus the claw-back in tax allowance and the fact that people higher up the tax scale would have the £12,500 counted in so would tip into the higher rate taxation a little earlier.  From a council tax point of view more people would be paying, the council would have a reduction in admin and paying your council tax tends to make you more involved in what your council it doing.

However, I doubt they would ever change those already receiving a pension onto a new one. Although they might "offer" it I doubt they could just go ahead and do it.

The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Mar 06, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »

I have just upgraded to a larger TV.

You women, never satisfied & always wanting a few more inches.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)