Author Topic: pensioners and pip  (Read 9523 times)

mick607

Re: pensioners and pip
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 08:31:57 PM »
Just read somewhere the expected 10 year roll-out for all OAP claimants is expected to come in July this year !

katkin11

« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:05:10 PM »
hi mick will beleive it when it happens,just dont think its fair that someone putting in a new claim who is lucky enough to get it gets a 10 break from assesments while friend of mine who is 70 still has to attend assesment every 2 years

Cassandra

« Reply #17 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:20:38 PM »

Well we're in the gentle hands of Amber Rudd, that famed Tory empathic, who cared so much for The Windrush Generation that she was kicked out by the great guardian of Political truth, Theresa May.

Whoever is writing this goverment's scripts they have a great sense of humour!

My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Goingtoseed

« Reply #18 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:36:45 PM »
Well we're in the gentle hands of Amber Rudd, that famed Tory empathic, who cared so much for The Windrush Generation that she was kicked out by the great guardian of Political truth, Theresa May.

Whoever is writing this goverment's scripts they have a great sense of humour!

Brilliant just brilliant!!

I can foresee a drive by the DWP/assessors, that when a 70 year old current PIP recipient goes for the face to face assessment to try and get a 10 year award, they will be under instructions to find every opportunity of removing his PIP award!

mick607

« Reply #19 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
That would not surprise me one bit.

Cassandra

« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:45:46 PM »

I can foresee a drive by the DWP/assessors, that when a 70 year old current PIP recipient goes for the face to face assessment to try and get a 10 year award, they will be under instructions to find every opportunity of removing his PIP award!

Sadly I too believe that's exactly what will happen. The DWP/Assessors are of course a 'quango' who are incentivised to knock back claimants. They probably also handle rail passenger claims etc etc in other 'departments'.

mick607

« Reply #21 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
Atos Capita etc.

Cassandra

« Reply #22 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:56:31 PM »
Atos Capita etc.

;D Sounds like his Lordship summing up in a fraud case with an established precedent shibboleth for skullduggery!

brian54

« Reply #23 on: Jun 01, 2019, 08:18:09 PM »
I don't get any DLA or PIP. I think my membership of the 4.30 am running club and doing aerofit and Zumba stops me.

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: Jun 01, 2019, 08:59:02 PM »
If you have a chronic health problem or a disability that affects your day to day ability to cope with the basics of living, then you should put in a claim.  If you are fit and well, just be glad.  I know I am.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

brian54

« Reply #25 on: Jun 02, 2019, 09:49:10 AM »
Sadly I too believe that's exactly what will happen. The DWP/Assessors are of course a 'quango' who are incentivised to knock back claimants. They probably also handle rail passenger claims etc etc in other 'departments'.

It's happening with all expenditure. As I have said before I know of 2 cases where a social worker wanted a house sold to pay care fees where the patient did not even own the house.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #26 on: Jun 02, 2019, 02:16:08 PM »
If you have a chronic health problem or a disability that affects your day to day ability to cope with the basics of living, then you should put in a claim.  If you are fit and well, just be glad.  I know I am.

That's probably why so many people put in claims for PIP that have no chance of success thereby clogging up the system for everyone.
Irrespective of whether a disability affects day to day ability and trying to cope with the basics of living if you don't manage to match exactly enough of the descriptors AND gain a minimum of 8 points for care or mobility then you will not get an award.

There are many sick and badly disabled people that life is almost impossible to cope with, but will not get a PIP award as they don't match the requisite descriptors.
On the other hand there are some that have 4 lots of aids that have some level of disability that help them cope which means they will get an award for those aids. Aids such as a walking stick, an aid to wash their body, a radiator to help them get up from sitting down, a sink that helps them get up off the toilet, a shoe horn to get their shoes on etc.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #27 on: Jun 02, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »

It's happening with all expenditure. As I have said before I know of 2 cases where a social worker wanted a house sold to pay care fees where the patient did not even own the house.

And in the case of my late father who was dying in his hospital bed had a Social Worker demand that he sign some documents authorising the Council to take control of his assets, home and savings. He had the good sense to tell them that his son should review and examine the documents first. After his death a few weeks later I attempted to get hold of his file from Social Services to see exactly what these forms were - they refused to supply it citing the fact that their file had died when he did and he could now no longer authorise their release.

If Social Services get even a sniff that there might be assets they would try to get power over them.

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: Jun 02, 2019, 10:46:56 PM »

That's probably why so many people put in claims for PIP that have no chance of success thereby clogging up the system for everyone.
Irrespective of whether a disability affects day to day ability and trying to cope with the basics of living if you don't manage to match exactly enough of the descriptors AND gain a minimum of 8 points for care or mobility then you will not get an award.

There are many sick and badly disabled people that life is almost impossible to cope with, but will not get a PIP award as they don't match the requisite descriptors.
On the other hand there are some that have 4 lots of aids that have some level of disability that help them cope which means they will get an award for those aids. Aids such as a walking stick, an aid to wash their body, a radiator to help them get up from sitting down, a sink that helps them get up off the toilet, a shoe horn to get their shoes on etc.

Those are aids that most of us may need as we age!

People who get help from the CAB or other experienced agencies with their claims seem to fare better than those who try to do it by themselves, or so it seems.  A younger woman I know with mental health problems that affect her ability to work (long story) always got support and her claims were successful.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

brian54

« Reply #29 on: Jun 02, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »

And in the case of my late father who was dying in his hospital bed had a Social Worker demand that he sign some documents authorising the Council to take control of his assets, home and savings. He had the good sense to tell them that his son should review and examine the documents first. After his death a few weeks later I attempted to get hold of his file from Social Services to see exactly what these forms were - they refused to supply it citing the fact that their file had died when he did and he could now no longer authorise their release.

If Social Services get even a sniff that there might be assets they would try to get power over them.

When Dad was in hospital they could not get a valid signature off Dad because he had dementia.
The social worker wanted me to sign the house we lived in belonged to Dad and I only lived with him.
Of course my mother left me her half so I was a half owner,
in any case I was over 60 so I could not be kicked out of the house.