Author Topic: 300,000 more pensioners living in poverty  (Read 2540 times)

mick607

Re: 300,000 more pensioners living in poverty
« Reply #210 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »
Good honest comment. I used to be a leftie Scargillite type. Now I admire the American people and the American "way". I spent some weeks in Brooklyn this year. Predominantly Black people, for what its worth, I have rarely met such nice people, always seeming to be positive. I like their right to have guns and wish the UK had the same right. (inalienable right). Most Americans literally see being taxed as theft of their hard-earned money. I think Trump is the best thing to happen to the USA in years. I was given a M.A.G.A Cap and a Trump Umbrella by the Commissionaire of Trump Tower. I could not believe it. My Grandaughter (x2) came with me to USA. One of them left $2000 cash on the back seat of a taxi, driven by a Muslim guy. She was so upset she vomited and cried. an hour later the driver came back from JFK Airport and handed her the $2000. Such honesty and kindness, she was ecstatic. We paid the taxi fare in cash so had no record of the driver's name etc .. he just voluntarily returned the cash.
I truly wish we had a leader such as Donald Trump he would have the EU shaking in their Goosestepping Boots.
I went to NY a few years ago & had the best holiday ever. The people I met were the most friendly helpful people I have ever met in my life. OK the US has problems but which country doesn't.US can't be that bad cos the Mexicans would love to move there.
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

zoony

« Reply #211 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:11:50 PM »
  That says more about Mexico, and points south of there than it does about the USA.
The only people who profit from prohibition are gangsters and undertakers..

Diasi

« Reply #212 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »
That says more about Mexico, and points south of there than it does about the USA.

It does say more about Mexico, but it also emphasises mick607's point that Mexicans see the USA as good country into which to move.
Make every day count. Every day is precious.

zoony

« Reply #213 on: Aug 12, 2019, 03:27:04 PM »
And it is for many. The South Western states are more latino than white in many places as the result of mostly-illegal migration over the years. The Agro-economy of several states would collapse without Chicano labour in fact up until recently a relatively blind eye was turned to the mass influx at planting and harvesting times. Such workers would return home having earned enough for themselves and their families a relatively comfortable winter. No idea how it works today..

The only people who profit from prohibition are gangsters and undertakers..

Alex22

« Reply #214 on: Aug 12, 2019, 03:33:19 PM »
I went to NY a few years ago & had the best holiday ever. The people I met were the most friendly helpful people I have ever met in my life. OK the US has problems but which country doesn't.US can't be that bad cos the Mexicans would love to move there.
I too found New Yorkers to be the nicest people !  I'd heard they were rude, unfriendly etc etc but I found them to be the opposite. 
I'm looking forward to summer, the rain gets warmer.