Author Topic: The Crown  (Read 2282 times)

BazzerPontefract

Re: The Crown
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2019, 01:17:10 PM »
I found the whole thing compelling.
The detachment, arrogance and sense of entitlement of the whole Royal Family - I suspect they are pretty much the same today, even though the Royal Blood as been a bit diluted, the newcomers quickly find their feet and adopt the same bad qualities.
The politicians too.  No difference to what they are today.  Contempt for the views of ordinary people, and again totally detached, arrogant and a sense of entitlement too.

It is rather odd to hold a set of negative views about two classes of very privileged people, and for a piece of art (The Crown) to come along and lay bare that my beliefs are in fact FACT.   Pity we don't have revolutions in this country, because their is an awful lot worth revolting about.

prestbury

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2019, 11:44:53 PM »
We watched both series and enjoyed them. I must check to see if there is a third either out or in the offing.
Filming is now complete for season 3 although I believe they have a few retakes of some scenes. Should be launched within the next couple of months. They are also to start filming season 4 later this year.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2019, 02:43:56 AM »
Started to watch the first episode of 'Cheat' earlier but became increasingly disenchanted. Hackneyed plot, nothing original just an old plot re-written. No problem with the acting, such as it was but with such a plodding script, the interesting Oxbridge setting, decent ambiguous and subtle sub-plots going on were wasted, it didn't work for me....I ran out of steam after about 20/30 mins, deciding that it was just another female-led, 'finger-pointer' production in which all the strong lead characters, (bad or good) are female and the males fit into the categories you'd expect of such writing. Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with writers, producers or actors that are female, I have a problem with those female writers who merely, and clumsily, juxtapose the writings of how it was 30 years ago with how it is now and then dramatize it and call it new..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:53:11 PM »
I agree.  Personally, I miss Dennis Potter's work.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:39:38 PM »
I think the new four part series  Cheat is very good.. The acting,male and female, all work well together. I find the storyline gripping.
 The sex scenes are necessary as part of the plot..
Too hot for you eh! Zoony..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »
Not too hot and not too convincing either Scrumpy..I'm heartily sick of programmes furthering the LGBetc agenda. And it's even worse in the US content that I watch. Come back Emmanuelle, all is forgiven..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.