Author Topic: Madeline McCann Documentary  (Read 304 times)

StephenM123

Madeline McCann Documentary
« on: Mar 08, 2019, 12:20:08 PM »
I just saw that Netflix will be screening a documentary about this case in the near future. Her parents have said that it could hinder the investigation into her disappearance. However, they do not say why. If they did one might be tempted to argue that it should not. This case always feels like "smoke and mirrors".

Raven

Re: Madeline McCann Documentary
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »
Surely that Lass will be around 16/17 years old now. If she wanted to find her parents then it would be easy enough. Providing she's still alive that is. I always felt she was sold to a rich childless couple and was alive. Would she remember her parents at all do you think?

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »
Surely that Lass will be around 16/17 years old now. If she wanted to find her parents then it would be easy enough. Providing she's still alive that is. I always felt she was sold to a rich childless couple and was alive. Would she remember her parents at all do you think?

I can remember what I had for Xmas when I was four, so I sure as hell would remember my parents & my name.

I just saw that Netflix will be screening a documentary about this case in the near future. Her parents have said that it could hinder the investigation into her disappearance. However, they do not say why. If they did one might be tempted to argue that it should not. This case always feels like "smoke and mirrors".

The Netflix documentary might not follow the McCann script.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
I never feel comfortable with documentaries like this, especially as it is all so Immediate and Raw.
Everyone seems to understand the context, but no one appears to know any facts.  All of us seem ready to run with an interpretation, a fantacy, of events that satisfies our own mind and prejudices - I know I have one, one that I only dare discuss with the wife.
I can't honestly see what is to be gained - I doubt anything said will alter my, or most peoples, sense of what might have happened. 
These things inevitably reduce to being criticisms of Local Legal and Local Police practices, as though if it happened in the UK we'd be more on the Ball. 
The Millie Dowler docu-drama, with Martin Clunes, shown recently, being a case in point - human beings making mistakes, making assumptions that were not warranted, inefficient processes, rivalaries and ambition. 
The Millie Dowler docu-drama did have the advantage that it all ended well with Bellfield being caught, so there was a beginning and an end, hence it was good docu-drama.  But I suspect there'll be no closure with the Madeline McCann case, so what might be the point?

Bee

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
Crikey Bazzer, something is going on here, but I actually agree with what you have posted. :)
The only way is up....

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:34:11 PM »
I was expecting more from Diasi  :)

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2019, 04:10:02 PM »
I was expecting more from Diasi  :)

I think Stephen123 is probably the forum's main authority on the McCann case.

Imo, the chance of someone whose face was recognisable world wide & with a £multi-million reward up for grabs, remaining missing & still being alive is remote in the extreme, but can't be ruled out.

Also there are a few Freudian slips where Team MCann have spoken about her in the past tense & other odd comments.

Below are a couple of good examples of a subconscious mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHgEkd9uFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq0pURPuQsk
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)