Author Topic: What's getting ya goat lately?  (Read 2692 times)

minniemouse

What's getting ya goat lately?
« on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »
We are all aware by now of the symptoms of sepsis, and more importantly, so are the Hospital staff and General Practitioners, yet people are still dying needlessly.  It particulary upset me that yet another toddler died because a member staff didn't follow the guidelines and test for sepsis, but relied on their own judgement to make a diagnosis.

What gets your goat lately?   
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Raven

Re: What's getting ya goat lately?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:48:19 PM »
Oh Blimey, where to start. I will have to think carefully....
BLOODY BREXIT.
The Weather.
Pain.
News Reports.

Alex22

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2019, 12:16:00 AM »
Tradesmen who don't turn up and don't phone.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:14:09 AM »
Given the difficulty lots of us have getting an appointment at the GPs, people who don't turn up for appointments and don't cancel.

Over thirty missed appointments last month (and most months) at our small, local practice. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Traveller

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2019, 07:54:01 AM »
I wondered about the origin of the expression "Getting YOUR goat".  It's a bit vague, but possibly come from the notion that goats had a calming influence on either racehorses or cattle. Therefore stealing or removing the goat would annoy the horses/cattle.

So what "gets my goat"...
Commie Corbyn
Labour in general
Brexit
The weather - it was nice for a while, but it's cold again
Creaks and groans..
You'll have had your tea.

sparky

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2019, 07:56:59 AM »
Politicians, the whole slimy bunch of the useless b*******s

digitalis

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2019, 08:34:59 AM »

BBC anyone?

Olde news John Simpson.

BBC starting to up the anti on Iran now. Don't we owe Iran 30 - 300 million but are refusing to pay somewhere? Still...goodnews is Germany luv Iran so 1 - 0 Germany. Sorry to sound unpatriotic...our diplomatic service types so incompetent and olde school...and which brings me back to pompous and stuffy John Simpson.

minniemouse

« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »
All Companies now have got on the band wagon regarding 'sizing down'.  Everything I buy lately, whether it be groceries, confectionery, make-up, toilet rolls, have all been made smaller yet the price is still the same.

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2019, 09:21:38 AM »

Restaurants who keep you waiting... and waiting.. bring out ONE meal .. then another one later.

'Sorry, but we are short of staff.'   I am not interested in their staff problems.. If they haven't enough staff , then don't take the bloody orders...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:16:26 AM »
BBC anyone?

Olde news John Simpson.

BBC starting to up the anti on Iran now. Don't we owe Iran 30 - 300 million but are refusing to pay somewhere? Still...goodnews is Germany luv Iran so 1 - 0 Germany. Sorry to sound unpatriotic...our diplomatic service types so incompetent and olde school...and which brings me back to pompous and stuffy John Simpson.

You're correct, time we stopped trying to dictate to Iran, especially what they should do with that Zaghari-Ratcliffe woman.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
All this transgender shіte which seems to have popped up recently. It has been around for years but all of a sudden it is big news and transgender studies are apparently now on school curriculums. Jesus H Christ there are kids leaving school barely literate despite being kept there til 18 these days because unemployable and so unemployed youths were a political embarrassment.

minniemouse

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »
Things like,  coffee's good for you one minute, then bad for you the next, the list goes on.  They keep changing their minds, one study says one thing and the next study says the opposite  ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »
It does get irritating, Min. I can't ever remember eating anything other than what I want/like to eat and certainly not guided by the advice of anybody like a 'diet guru' or scientists.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »
What gets my goat......people that think their opinion is the only one that should count and they are the only ones that are right and bugger everyone else.
The only way is up....

fortyone

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2019, 04:02:22 PM »
In my experience very few hold opinions that they consider are wrong.