Author Topic: A changing society  (Read 6126 times)

xetog

Re: A changing society
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2019, 04:12:14 PM »
Political correctness stalks the land.  I believe in calling people by what you perceive them to be.  Male or female (or derivatives threof) has quite sufficient range as denoted by chromosomes.  The only reason for anything else is entirely pandering to those of distorted thinking I call Thought Police.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Yellowbird

« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2019, 05:10:48 PM »
This has become a country where you may no longer express your thoughts for fear of offending someone
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2019, 05:56:58 PM »
This has become a country where you may no longer express your thoughts for fear of offending someone

Blair knew that the multicultural social experiment was failing which is the real reason why he brought in a raft of 'hate crime' legislation.

All dictatorships exert control by criminalising free speech.

People become too afraid to express their views & the dictatorship then twists the fact that there are no dissenting voices into people agreeing with things.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
All dictatorships exert control by criminalising free speech.
Diasi makes a good point above.

But I would go further.  It is no longer about stopping free speech, it is much more about controlling every aspect of the way people live, believe and think.

Has anyone been following the Bhruhaha from Birminghan Saltley about the teaching of sex education to 4 to 8 year olds.  Here are two quite different takes on the subject.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/03/06/those-birmingham-parents-are-right/
https://unherd.com/2019/03/bigotry-dressed-as-victimhood/
The second article really gets under my skin, because it assumes state institutions, and the LGBT lobby, know better than parents what is good for them.  It follows, the article suggests, if parents don't agree with what is being taught in their children's schools they are implicitly bigots.  It in no longer possible for parents to decide the moral codes they want their own children to live by, the state should decide at whatever age the state decides the kind and depth of the sex education they should receive. 
The goal of the author, and the state, is to educate children such that they don't take moral guidance from their parents or from any priest the parents trust to instill moral guidance in their children.
The Parents and their preferred Priests are bigots, bigots because they don't want certain messages being absorbed by their children. 
I might be quite relaxed about what Parkfield school want to dish out to children in the form of Sex Education, but I'd want know the form of the Sex Education and I'd want the option of saying NO, I don't want my children hearing that. 

xetog

« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2019, 07:39:28 PM »
To answer Yellowbird. This has become a country where you cannot say anything without offending someone.

Mike.X

If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Diasi

« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2019, 08:29:45 PM »
To answer Yellowbird. This has become a country where you cannot say anything without offending someone.

Mike.X

I find that remark quite offensive.  ;D ;D ;D
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2019, 06:13:16 AM »

One of my granddaughters had a book when she was small.  It was about families, and showed that they can be quite different.  One adult of either sex as the parent; one male and one female parent; two same sex parents. One child or several.  The same colour or different. 

I thought it was a nice simple view of who she might encounter as she grows up.  Nothing about sex, homosexuality or transgender.  That could come much later IMO.  However, it's no good pretending we still live in the nice cosy 50s where everyone was straight, women had few rights, and couples stayed together for appearances sake.  🙄
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

mick607

« Reply #37 on: Mar 11, 2019, 08:02:06 AM »
Total rubbish.
That is brainwashing kids from an early age.

Diasi

« Reply #38 on: Mar 11, 2019, 08:23:52 AM »

One of my granddaughters had a book when she was small.  It was about families, and showed that they can be quite different.  One adult of either sex as the parent; one male and one female parent; two same sex parents. One child or several.  The same colour or different. 

I thought it was a nice simple view of who she might encounter as she grows up.  Nothing about sex, homosexuality or transgender.  That could come much later IMO.  However, it's no good pretending we still live in the nice cosy 50s where everyone was straight, women had few rights, and couples stayed together for appearances sake.  🙄

Well call me an out-of-touch bigot, but I'm pleased I went to school at a time when my teachers didn't propound the idea of having another bloke's wotsit stuck up my backside.

I'm also happy to die the same sex as I was born & I don't think the liberal LGBT mob are going to convert me any time soon. In fact not ever.

Scrumpy

« Reply #39 on: Mar 11, 2019, 09:03:33 AM »
Well call me an out-of-touch bigot, but I'm pleased I went to school at a time when my teachers didn't propound the idea of having another bloke's wotsit stuck up my backside.

I'm also happy to die the same sex as I was born & I don't think the liberal LGBT mob are going to convert me any time soon. In fact not ever.

Methinks the lady/man doth protest too much...

Is there something you are hiding away in the closet Diasi..?  ;)
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #40 on: Mar 11, 2019, 09:09:01 AM »
Methinks the lady/man doth protest too much...
Is there something you are hiding away in the closet Diasi..?  ;)
Scrumpy,
Honestly, how low and personal can you go.

GrannyMac

« Reply #41 on: Mar 11, 2019, 09:32:29 AM »
Smiley=joke. Or at least thats what I understand.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #42 on: Mar 11, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »
Smiley=joke. Or at least thats what I understand.

I think Bazzers pulling scrumpy's leg but forgot the emoji.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #43 on: Mar 11, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »

What you have described is not what is being taught though Diasi, is it.  What is the alternative?  In law, even if you do not like it, society has changed and the relationships you appear to object to are legal.  So do you propose we teach backwards and tell children to behave badly, even illegally, towards others.  What would be the outcome of that?  You, as a citizen, should be supporting our laws otherwise why call yourself British?

It is much easier to teach for the past Daisi, than teach for the future.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

GrannyMac

« Reply #44 on: Mar 11, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »
I think Bazzers pulling scrumpy's leg but forgot the emoji.

As long as he's not offended on your behalf 🤓

R. Gervais