Author Topic: Watching the Post Office  (Read 311 times)

digitalis

Watching the Post Office
« on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:18:57 AM »

Remember the PO masters and mistresses who overnight were accused o fraud? Threatened. Think some went to the slammer. PO said theyd stolen tens o thousands o GBP. All denied it. ...Or couldn't understand it. Computer said Guilty. Most folk(well,me)tended to believe they were innocent. Some topped themselves. Some died. Some were ruined. The innocents somehow got it together to fight the PO Top Table money grubbers. Now I read theyre in the High Court for their last fight for redress. Lets hope they win through. The PO procrastinated,accused,threatened these decent folk. I guess the original driven Top Table who drove the prosecutions of their staff have now walked away with their filthy lucre: tally ho. If held to any account theyd blame it on the computers(which were held faultless at another time!),or other deflected lower staff. Wottacarryon! Lives ruined.

Wotsthecompo Lord Justices! 200k! Take the cookies! Sleep well me luvlies...yer only doin yer job. Yeh,right!

When justice is denied or seen to be corrupt the Italians go to the Ndrgehhta. They have their price when you've been wronged. Probably execute better justice than whats on offer here.

Terrible.  :(

GrannyMac

Re: Watching the Post Office
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2019, 09:28:49 AM »
It is terrible, and I hope they get the right outcome.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

Re: Watching the Post Office
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2019, 12:16:13 PM »
The Post Office are totally disorganised because on the other side of the coin they've paid £700,000 to a postmaster who used his sub-post office for money transfers even although it had been closed for a couple of years.

I hope their legal team present this to the courts as it's proof positive that the computer system isn't infallible.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2018-04-29/four-jailed-over-700-000-fraud-after-post-office-didnt-realise-a-branch-had-closed/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)