Author Topic: Sadness for NewZealand.  (Read 4786 times)

Diasi

Re: Sadness for NewZealand.
« Reply #45 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:44:42 PM »
I find it upsetting so much intolerance is engendered in this thread at folk who like to believe themselves to be members of the Christian faith.  Whatever happened to tolerance?  Terrible rights and wrongs have been inflicted on innocents in all faiths down the centuries.  Perhaps it would have been thought charitable, at least, that we were in more enlightened and patient times but the awful events in New Zealand go a way to disprove that.  Religion is a personal thing and is and has proved to be of great comfort to folk and should not be decried.

Well Johned, you're White British (which is the politically correct way of saying you're an ethnic Brit), male & Church of England so you haven't got a lot going for you in the victims' league.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #46 on: Mar 17, 2019, 10:40:23 PM »
I read it through several times and couldn't figure out exactly what was being said. I think there must have been a typo or it makes no sense to me.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #47 on: Mar 18, 2019, 07:52:19 AM »
Thank heavens this type of remark is being taken as seriously now as others have been for some long time.
Police in Manchester have arrested three people for offences relating to comments made about the New Zealand terrorist attack.

Greater Manchester Police said that officers arrested two people after reports that a taxi driver was abused and threatened by people making reference to the attack in Christchurch, New Zealand.

A 33-year-old man and 34-year-old woman were arrested by officers in Rochdale on suspicion of racially aggravated public order offences.

In a separate incident, police arrested a 38-year-old woman for a racially aggravated public order offence after comments were made online about the attack.

It comes a day after officers arrested a man from Oldham for pledging support to the terrorist on social media.

The 24-year-old was arrested for "malicious communications" and since been bailed pending further enquiries.

Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said: "The events which happened two days ago in New Zealand continue to cause huge upset with people of all faiths from across Greater Manchester.

"It is absolutely clear that compassion and support is how the overwhelming majority of people feel and, as always, Greater Manchester stands together.

"Over the weekend we have had, however, a small number of incidents where people have either posted or made remarks referencing the horrible events in New Zealand, particularly online where people often think it is acceptable to abuse others.

"Some of these comments are frankly disgusting. I am amazed how some people think it is acceptable to make such careless and disrespectful remarks.

"People are entitled to free speech and this is always respected, however, where this crosses the boundary into criminal offences, let me be really clear, we will make arrests and if the evidence is there we will seek the prosecution of those involved."

The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #48 on: Mar 18, 2019, 04:13:13 PM »
"The most likely response from our political overlords will probably be to make any discussion of the problem illegal."

Indeed. Look at the way they harass Tommy Robinson and the leaders of the Britain First Party.

Every time you mention this man's name I will feel I have the right to remind you that Yaxley-Lennon is no doubt being watched in the same way a returnee from ISIS would be watch - because he is a danger to this country.  As an individual he is a white supremacist and he is "harassed" as you put it because he breaks the law.  I imagine there are people in our intelligence services even now, monitoring those who support him on line.  Currently "Britain First" is banned on Twitter and Facebook and now the Tories have realised they have to face up to the problems of the far right, both in their party and their voters,I look forward to it being legally proscribed.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.