Author Topic: Sadness for NewZealand.  (Read 4762 times)

Scrumpy

Sadness for NewZealand.
« on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:31:25 AM »

Such sad news coming out of NewZealand this morning..
 My ex neighbours were from that beautiful country.. They were lovely people , gentle people. Almost a little naive.. They loved England but had to return home.
 The things they told me about their country gave me the impression that it was stuck in the sixties.. I lived in Australia for a while and whilst there learned that  going to NewZealand was like taking a step back in time..

It now seems that gentle NewZealand has caught up with the rest of us..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

Re: Sadness for NewZealand.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »
These were wicked, pointless killings and the murderer was a white supremacist from Australia -  a nutter.     

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »
I agree Alex. Evil.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Terrible, truly Evil. :'(

minniemouse

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:08:03 AM »
wicked people.   :'( :'( :'(
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:09:23 AM »
I agree. Nothing else to add.

Bee

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:30:07 AM »
Heartbreaking. :'(
The only way is up....

Maddie Malone

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »
These were wicked, pointless killings and the murderer was a white supremacist from Australia -  a nutter.   

I’ve just heard  he was streaming it live on face book as he was  shooting people even filming himself as he was sat in his car and getting the guns out of the boot .
Apparently they were saying he even had people cheering him on on face book .
Thankfully it has now been removed but it seems to be popping up on other places even u tube
Let’s hope they keep taking it off these scum don’t need any more publicity 😡

Audrine

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:35:19 PM »
How can people have so much hate & in New Zealand of all places.Terrible & senseless thing to have happened.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »
Our world is once again suffering from the virus of ethnic nationalism encouraged by populist leaders not a century after we, and many other countries, lost so many of our young men and women fighting this scourge.  Poor New Zealand has been invaded by one such extremist who has killed 49 people simply because they worship differently to the man who carried out the terrorist attack.  My thoughts will be with them as we carry on as normal while those who survived now have a shattered view of the world.

The Prime Minister of New Zealand said that many of the people involved were migrants and some asylum seekers and, she said, "they are us", the terrorist - white and it appears from Australia she described as "not us".  This terrorism is most certainly not in my name.  On this forum today I have seen a suggestion of a banner against migrants.  We have recently been asked what our country has come to now we have Muslim immigrants - while New Zealand welcomes them.  We often hear praise for the white supremacist 'Tommy Robinson'.  This is not just something that has happened in New Zealand - it is happening here too and yet, while people can make such comments on this forum we are not allowed to call them out for what they are.  New Zealand was not in my name but, nearer to home, neither are many of the comments and views I see on here.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Ashy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:04:22 PM »
Maybe some responsibility falls on the liberal extremists who have done so much to change the face of their society, without the consensus of the settled population. They have done it here in England too. Most people let them get on with it. We currently have immigration running at the rate of 230,000 per year, almost twice the population of Bournemouth, and yet we English have never been asked if we mind, it's never even been in a politician's manifesto.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »

I’ve just heard  he was streaming it live on face book as he was  shooting people even filming himself as he was sat in his car and getting the guns out of the boot .
Apparently they were saying he even had people cheering him on on face book .
Thankfully it has now been removed but it seems to be popping up on other places even u tube
Let’s hope they keep taking it off these scum don’t need any more publicity 😡

Yeah, just like ISIS shouldn't have had all the wall-to-wall coverage that they were given by the news media & their stuff hasn't been removed from the internet.

I don't know about Facebook, the ISIS supporters did all their cheering in the middle of Luton & on the streets of London.

Maybe some responsibility falls on the liberal extremists who have done so much to change the face of their society, without the consensus of the settled population. They have done it here in England too. Most people let them get on with it. We currently have immigration running at the rate of 230,000 per year, almost twice the population of Bournemouth, and yet we English have never been asked if we mind, it's never even been in a politician's manifesto.

Apparently the term for what you outline is called 'replacement' which is where governments allow immigration to erode the way of life of the indigenous population to the extent that it's seen to be disappearing.

It's been mentioned numerous time on this forum where old Londoners no longer recognise the place where they were born & grew up.

Anyway, it was the Cheltenham Gold Cup today.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:19:28 PM »
I am a Londoner, and I no longer recognise the place where I was born & grew up. The library - the gift of a benefactor - is now a mosque.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »
We could all cite changes or perceived unfairness, but it takes a really twisted mind to come up with this kind of slaughter.  Horrific.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Cassandra

« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »

"And thus the whirlygig of time brings in his revenges"
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...