Author Topic: people who love eating cheese.  (Read 415 times)

Alfred

people who love eating cheese.
« on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:47:44 PM »
For many people what ever way you try it sliced, or  chopped , even on toast, what is your favourite cheeses, assuming you have a taste for more than one flavour or type. And of course were spoilt for choice with so many on display in supermarkets and delicatessen shops as well,.

to start the ball rolling my family and i like,  (brie, smoked, cheddar, dolcelatte,) and im sure iv missed others too,. (of course not forgetting the risk of cholesterol if eating too much) how ever Moorish the cheese tastes, so come on will you tell us which cheese, or cheeses, you prefer, 

Michael Rolls

Re: people who love eating cheese.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »
Day to day, mature Cheddar and Camembert. LOVE Stilton, but can't really justify buying it just for one - but on the now sadly rare occasions there are other cheese lovers with me - get stuck in!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:24:12 PM »

I like a strong cheddar sometimes. I usually end up using it for cooking, things like macaroni cheese.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
I'll eat any hard or medium hard cheese but not keen on the likes of Brie. Doubtless against all medical advice I tend to snack on lumps cut off a block of Leicester, Cheddar, and the like. I like the rubbery cheeses such as Edam or Emmental too but usually buy them sliced along with some smoked cheeses.

Danish blue on biscuits. I don't do Stilton. As a child I was bought a microscope and used it to look at the dust shed by a whole Stilton my parents had bought probably for Christmas. What I saw put me off it for life.

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:20:34 PM »
I came to cheese late and still prefer it cooked though I'll eat a bit of mature cheddar with some buttered Ryvita biscuits..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:52:17 AM »
I enjoy cooked cheese, but I've never been able to eat it 'raw'.  My OH and both my kids love cheese, very strong cheddar, stilton, etc. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:13:21 AM »
i worked at the Cumberland Hotel Marble Arch... and distributed cheeses to all the bars and kitchens.... i dont like any of the soft nor the stiltons ect, i might today but back then... nar... my fav by a distance was New Zealand Cheddar
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
I love really mature cheddar on toast.

Johned

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:48:17 PM »
During the war my widowed grandad used to love Cheese so my mum and self used to give our ration to him.  At that time as a lad with unsophisticated tastes, I certainly did not go much on cheese!

xetog

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »

Strong Cheddar and Stilton for me.  The latter soaked in Port if possible but very rarely attainable.  I won't say no to Brie, but it's not amongst my favourites. Grandano Pandamo Parmesan (I am unsure of the spelling) is nice if you sneak a chunk instead of grating it and Halloumi is a welcome addition to a stir fry.  I remember once having a lovely goats cheese with a very strong and individual taste in Norway.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

prestbury

« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »
Mature Cheddar for me especially if it is part of a coked meal. For the occasional sandwich it has to be good old crumbly Cheshire (or Lancashire).
Cannot stand the likes of Brie or Stilton but have been known to experiment with many of the various flavoured cheeses from the Cheshire Cheese Company who produce a wide variety of truckles with every flavour you could imagine. Recently had their charcoal cheese which although different was very palatable, also their Caramalised Onion & Rioja also Winckle Ale & Mustard, to name but three.

stellamaris

« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
My God Alfred, you are absolutely food-obsessed ;D   Cheese.  I will eat any cheese in any way.  However,  except for a cheese-selection board a couple of times a year, and an occasional,  irresistible tangy crumbly Lancashire, I now confine myself to cheese miniatures.  Babybel, Cathedral mature cheddar, M & S tiny brie packets and anything else I see on the shelves.  It's such a pain opening them, that I stick to one or two at most.  It is just a snacking option for me these days.   Besides a bowl of little cheeses, I usually have a bowl of grapes and a jar of olives in the fridge so it is too easy to turn a snacking option into a spot of gluttony.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart