Author Topic: Hi One and All  (Read 646 times)

John King

Hi One and All
« on: Apr 26, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »
Is it me or are ladies of a certain age easier to talk to than those of the younger generation? Just a general observation but young girls don't seem capable of stringing two words together without coming to a grinding halt. God.. I'm turning into a grumnpy old man!!

Chrisjay

Re: Hi One and All
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Women of a certain age fought harder for what they wanted and worked for it and had to have brains to succeed as looks did not come into it we were all good lookers. 

Nowadays young girls just want to be a WAG or celeb's failing that have babies so they do not have to work - I know this is a generalisation but the perception is that is how young girls behave today and education is low on the list of aspirations.

It was a downhill slope when women started drinking pints (something to me as bad a tattoos)

John King

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »
I think also that because most conversations (Pensioners Forum excluded obviously) tend to be via the Web young people in general aren't used to conversing face to face which limits the conversation to bite size closed ended sentences. Ladies of a certain age have much more to talk about! J 

Dottie1943

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
And are more interesting, interested and able to respond to questions, young people answer a few questions such as where did you get your tan done? what DHSS office do you go to? do you want a fag? how many more children are you going to have before you get married?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dottie
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!