Author Topic: The Friends of Harry Perkins  (Read 1390 times)

Diasi

Re: The Friends of Harry Perkins
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2019, 04:58:59 PM »
Are some posts missing on this thread? Including one of mine?  Hope it wasn't me who said anything that had to be censored.  Any clues?

All the replies are there according to the sequential numbers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:15:55 PM »
You are right Daisi.  But in fact I was sat at no 13 saying:
Thank you for your reply Mike X. I think this is the point of books in general.  In a safe space we can decide how we would face up to whatever we are being offered as a scenario or how we would develop in the characters position. I'm really looking forward to seeing the characters against the political and life situations more than anything. The book is actually published tomorrow so I will add it to my list.  I must make room to for Scrumpy's suggestion of The House Swap too  The sample for that is already downloaded and on my Kindle ;) 
as in 
Sorry, I thought spotting the gaps would help people know I wasn't ignoring them and I thought I had seen that it did but either I made a mistake or something has changed.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

xetog

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »

I have a similar phenomena to report.  I have only made the one post on this thread, but when I composed it there was only one reply post visible (Zoony's), yet now I come back to the thread there are 8 posts that I haven't seen before mine which takes it a bit out of context as a reply (since it refers to post #1 by UP) and other comments move away from my point.  I wonder what happened?

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Diasi

« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:58:04 PM »
I have a similar phenomena to report.  I have only made the one post on this thread, but when I composed it there was only one reply post visible (Zoony's), yet now I come back to the thread there are 8 posts that I haven't seen before mine which takes it a bit out of context as a reply (since it refers to post #1 by UP) and other comments move away from my point.  I wonder what happened?

Mike.X

The posts before yours were all there when I looked.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)