Author Topic: My Life  (Read 1662 times)

Hugh

My Life
« on: Mar 28, 2019, 07:01:40 AM »
This year to sum up as a life of hell so far with the loss of my wife Yvonne, and then period in hospital laying in a bed attached to a drip. Now got to put this behind me and enjoy the rest of my life. The first challenge to improve my fitness which is a task in it self at my age. This morning I will be going to the golf club for a group lesson this will get me out and in the company of others, and give me well needed exercise. Little dog Roxy now staring at me so I guess its time for her morning walk. Bye for now.

Scrumpy

Re: My Life
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »

I admire you Hugh because you know what is best for you and you get up and do it.  It must be a terrible struggle sometimes to even bother.  Roxy is definitely your best friend at this moment in time..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »
Go for it, HUgh
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
We all have our personal crosses to bear as we get older, especially those of us who end up as 24/7/365 carers in our twilight years.

And it can be a much younger partner that needs the care.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:10:03 AM »
Won't argue there because little Roxy been a true friend. Forcing me to get out of bed and exercise her in the mornings and me of course. Without her help I certainly wouldn't be recovering as well as I am Scrumpy. Its great that my nephew next door will exercise and walk her when I am unable to.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »
We all have our personal crosses to bear as we get older, especially those of us who end up as 24/7/365 carers in our twilight years.

I agree with Diasi.. I cared for Sam.. He was 52...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:26:48 AM »

I only had one year of caring Diasi, so I have only had a short taste of what you, and many others are going through. I rely do feel for you, having your life pretty much taken away from you. Yvonne I believe, made sure I would not go through life as a full time care. In hospital she refused all medication, and when they tried treating and feeding through a tube she kept pulling it out. Yvonne was a very strong willed person and I truly loved her for it. Although she as gone I still feel her present.

firenze

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
What a sad state at a relatively young age some of us have, Consolation for us is usually family plus getting up off our "bumpty" and finding some life to continue.
Our missing partner didn't!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2019, 11:58:25 AM »
Credit to you Hugh. I hope you enjoy your golf!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2019, 03:06:14 PM »
Our missing partner didn't!  

I am rely not sure what you meant by this   comment firenze. It sounded as if it was wrong of me to move on. If it was me to have gone first I certainly would not want Yvonne to remain up happy for the rest of her life. Every morning I say good morning to Yvonne, hoping and believing her spirits with me.  

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »
I am rely not sure what you meant by this comment firenze. It sounded as if it was wrong of me to move on.
It seemed clear enough to me and not in any way critical. Have a re-read to reassure yourself.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2019, 04:22:57 PM »
Hugh
I wish you, and everyone else in our position of having lost our most loved one, every hope of future contentment - for want of a better word.
For my own part, Veronica has now been gone for just over 14 months - and every day is absolutely, bloody awful. I'm not living, just existing. Today should have been our 32nd anniversary. Instead, it is the second one without her. At least last year, the first one, I still had our little dog - now even she has been taken from me and I am utterly alone. I don't see suicide as an option - just pointless - but if I believed in an after life and the hope of meeting my loved ones again, it would definitely be on the agenda.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

firenze

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »
Thanks Fortyone :-*   Hugh I'm sad if my post sounded wrong!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Hugh

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »
Mike call me crazy, nutters or what ever, but in my own mind I do not believe in death. The body is just a shell which carries the spirit which lives on. I feel Yvonne's presents even now and I know she will remain with me until I join her where ever that may be. Each morning when I switch on my computer and see her photograph I say good morning love and place my finger on her lips for a kiss. I honestly believe you are making Veronica very unhappy seeing you suffering the way you are. I never go to church but I do believe in God. Hugh

Hugh

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
Pretty sure you didn't mean any thing nasty Firenze, I have known you to long for that.