Author Topic: more and more knife stabbings,  (Read 5809 times)

Alex22

Re: more and more knife stabbings,
« Reply #45 on: Apr 02, 2019, 02:43:17 PM »
I don't understand why black people interviewed on TV seem so incensed that black youths are being stopped and searched.   It's black kids killing black kids, so what's the problem  ? ???

xetog

« Reply #46 on: Apr 02, 2019, 03:08:34 PM »

Alex.  What you describe is a paradox.  Given your assertion that it is predominantly black youths involved in London knife crime it would seem reasonable to assume that stop and search would apply mainly to black youths as a basic need, nevertheless black people see this as victimisation and require those who are more likely to not be carrying knives to be searched in equal numbers thus wasting the time and resources of police who do the searching and are already allegedly under stress because of lack of numbers. Meaning that fewer knives would be taken off the streets and more black youths dying.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Raven

« Reply #47 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:46:38 PM »
On the News a few moments ago, someone has been arrested in London over stabbing. Not sure if it's just for the one or for more. Was on the phone when it came on so I didn't get the full story.

Alex22

« Reply #48 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
There seems to be one a day at the moment .

zoony

« Reply #49 on: Apr 03, 2019, 12:38:26 AM »
I'm not making light of the problem but it seems to me that the red-top press have adopted knife crime and the sob-stories that accompany it and taken it to their bosoms cos it sells papers. Other than Buggerexit and soon-to-be-forgotten MPs, what else is there to write about these days?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #50 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:01:31 AM »
I'm not making light of the problem but it seems to me that the red-top press have adopted knife crime and the sob-stories that accompany it and taken it to their bosoms cos it sells papers. Other than Buggerexit and soon-to-be-forgotten MPs, what else is there to write about these days?

I expect the next biggie will be the birth of the new royal Zoony.  :-*

Diasi

« Reply #51 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:51:24 AM »
Knife crime shouldn't be news all the time as it's expected & eventually it'll attract no more interest than shoplifting offences.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #52 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:22:44 AM »
as a schoolboy i had a pocket knife, and couldnt say at what point i ceased to carry it... but the area i was brought up in was a very violent area, fights most days, but i can never remember anyone ever producing a knife... i first became aware of knifes among asians, but that died out then our coloured brethern were using them with some regularity, but the only ones using knives it seems are those who cant yet get guns. so we really should be grateful i suppose...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Flying bomb

« Reply #53 on: Apr 03, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »

Perhaps you are on the right track. Certainly London is benefitting more than anywhere else from our new rich multicultural ethnic mix.

Enriched my arse, its destroyed every aspect of the London I was born and raised in

Yes indeed  I left London for good 40 years ago, having been born and bred there.

Samuel Johnson was correct years ago but no longer...……

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.

If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Diasi

« Reply #54 on: Apr 03, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »

Perhaps you are on the right track. Certainly London is benefitting more than anywhere else from our new rich multicultural ethnic mix.

Enriched my arse, its destroyed every aspect of the London I was born and raised in , in the same way as many other large towns and cities, I could weep now on the very  rare occasions I return there, having escaped when I could see the writing on the wall, you could liken it to a cancerous growth, but at least with cancer it can be treated.

Ah but you're old school, looking back at London through rose-tinted glasses, when in fact the London of your youth was worse than the London of today.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

minniemouse

« Reply #55 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »
I like Birmingham as it is now and wouldn't change it.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Diasi

« Reply #56 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:46:57 PM »