Author Topic: April Fool my Ar*e!  (Read 292 times)

zoony

April Fool my Ar*e!
« on: Apr 01, 2019, 04:36:18 PM »
Grrr!  I just spent ages doing the i crossword calling myself names for not being able to get near the first two answers, then I got to the end and all became clear. The cunning swine had substituted the last two clues for the first two which is why they made no sense until I realized that the clues led to FOOL and APRIL.. ;D ;D  A fair cop I think.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

Re: April Fool my Ar*e!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »
Grrr!  I just spent ages doing the i crossword calling myself names for not being able to get near the first two answers, then I got to the end and all became clear. The cunning swine had substituted the last two clues for the first two which is why they made no sense until I realized that the clues led to FOOL and APRIL.. ;D ;D  A fair cop I think.
Years ago  a colleague of mine was a crossword fanatic - he several times made the Times sort of gunfight annually - and one Saturday - the weekly prize crossword - he struggled through it, completed it, and sent it off. That was Saturday. On the Monday, the Times printed an apology. On the Saturday, instead of printing the result of the crossword from the previous week, they had inadvertently printed the result of THAT week! John had toiled through it, exercised the 'little grey cells' to their utmost, totally oblivious to the fact that had he shifted his gaze a few inches down and to the right, all the answers were already there! He was not happy!
Mike (PS Times crossword is totally beyond me, but I do do reasonably well with the Telegraph, although any one day's puzzle, in average, takes me three days)
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

Re: April Fool my Ar*e!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »
The i is quite tough and each day has a different setter taken from a stable of 'em. Some are obtuse to the point of 'huh?'. I like it a lot.  Usually.. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.