Author Topic: Promo by exposure..  (Read 286 times)

zoony

Promo by exposure..
« on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:03:20 AM »
I watch quite a few American/Canadian, what they call 'drama' series, downloads, (They're not all bad.. ;D ), which are a bit of a guilty pleasure, and there's an increasing trend toward using a song, by an assumedly sponsored artist, that is not well-known, as the accompaniment to contemplative scenes of thought, problem-solving, driving long distance or back-story filling which presage the end of the episode. I don't enjoy this lazy technique and it's not only irritating but has already crossed the Atlantic. Sadly.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

Re: Promo by exposure..
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2019, 10:25:05 AM »
At least product placement isn't allowed here. My wife watches Neighbours and I note with incredulity that every computer used has that half chewed light up apple on the back of it.

xetog

Re: Promo by exposure..
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2019, 03:34:21 PM »

My wife is unfortunately enamoured with many of these imports.  I cant say they are all bad, but the vast majority are.  The latest on our screen is Ghost, a star vehicle for Chris Noth who does little but slouch around being the boss.  It's a dreadful copy of innumerable other FBI imagination projects, but I notice it's on series record.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.