Author Topic: A Bible Brexit  (Read 905 times)

stellamaris

A Bible Brexit
« on: Apr 04, 2019, 09:27:11 AM »
Now I know that someone will have said this sort of thing before - an original thought is very rare thing indeed and I'm not capable of  doing it.

The thing is, I am listening to all these MPs saying the only way out is to put the Brexit thingy back to the people. They say the public gave it us, but we can't decide, so we are giving it back to them.   All I can think of is Pontius Pilate.   And I am wondering what will happen if we all shout for Barrabus.*

* I think Barrabus is a leaver by the way.   Because Jesus just has to be a remainer.

Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

crabbyob

Re: A Bible Brexit
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2019, 09:36:34 AM »
i am inclined to agree that Jesus was probably a remainer
only a remainer would just lay there and let the EU-ites nail him to a lump of wood, when he had the ability to perform miracles.. ;D ...may the lord forgive me
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
I was struck this morning by the way Mark Francois suddenly took on the mantle of Christ with his forgive them Father speech.  Probably lost a few votes there. 
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »
only a remainer would just lay there and let the EU-ites nail him to a lump of wood, when he had the ability to perform miracles.. ;D ...may the lord forgive me

Well at least we could say the Brexiteers are now being even handed.  Ridiculing both Christianity and Islam.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2019, 10:35:17 AM »

Oh Jesus was just another do as I say, even if I can't do it myself, merchant.

And I'd tell his Dad the same thing, plus I'd tell him if he'd taken his time to create everything instead of rushing, he might have got it right.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2019, 01:25:27 PM »
Jesus must have been a leaver. His country was occupied by Italians and his own people's representatives had gone rotten, making more money than ever out of the occupiers.

Thank goodness we do not have to live under conditions like that.

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2019, 09:33:36 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
nice one Ashy
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

stellamaris

« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »

Well at least we could say the Brexiteers are now being even handed.  Ridiculing both Christianity and Islam.

I didn't mean it to be very religious.  In my surreal imagination I was seeing all the MPs attending Prime Ministers Questions with little bowls of water dipping their hands in their bowls and saying as one "I wash my hands of this.  Send it back to the mob to decide".  They do see us as the mob.

Plus I like saying the word Barrabus.  Good word.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »
Our religions are very entwined with both our history, our law and our story telling so it does tend to pop up all over the place.

crabbyob

« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2019, 09:45:38 PM »
and Pontious Pilot was a Geordie
allegedly born in a Roman fort just south of Hadrians Wall