Author Topic: Horse Died Today. 😠  (Read 622 times)

Raven

Horse Died Today. 😠
« on: Apr 06, 2019, 11:03:38 PM »
A horse Died in agony today as it fell at the first fence in the National 😠 It's way passed time that disgusting race was banned for good. Am sooooo angry at this cruel sport..I've been spluttering with anger since it happened. How I would love a few minutes alone with the swines who organised this race.  :'( >:( >:(

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/06/three-horses-dead-aintree-races-grand-nationals-first-fatal-injury-since-2012-9127266/

zoony

Re: Horse Died Today. 😠
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
I'm sorry it's upset you so much, chuck.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2019, 11:15:11 PM »
Deleted...... Rant over.  :-X

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2019, 08:00:58 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, such a waste.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2019, 08:08:06 AM »
My wife & I try to miss the news about Aintree as we find it too upsetting. :'(

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »
I'd ban all horse jumping full stop, not just Aintree.  >:(
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Traveller

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
What about gymkhanas,  showjumping, Badminton horse trials, dressage etc..?

What about "Live and let live"? - unless of course I disagree with it, in which case I say, "Ban it".
You'll have had your tea.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:21:40 AM »
I'd ban all horse jumping full stop, not just Aintree.  >:(

I'm talking about race meetings.

It didn't occur to me that I'd need to point it out.

But yes, since you mention it, any activity that puts an animal in danger for the enjoyment of humans, has no place in my life.

xetog

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »

I am with Raven and Daisi on this.  As I have said elsewhere I am not an animal person, but anything that is cruel to animals is wrong.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »
Cruelty to Animals is my top Bitch, and I go on about it at length sometimes I'm afraid. I've often stuck my beak in where it doesn't belong over things I see with dog owners who haven't a clue. I'm not nasty but try to help them see what they were doing wrong and how the right way is so simple. 99%  of the time the owner is great and we talk away about training and stuff. I've gotten several new members at the Dog Training/Agility Club through it. Some people get snappy and tell me to butt out so I do, BUT I follow them on their walk with my phone in my hand lol. They usually calm down and behave, especially if they think they're going to end up plastered all over the internet. ;D

Alex22

Re: Horse Died Today.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »
I was going to start a thread about this today, I'm so glad Raven started one.  I'd just like to point out the horse that died yesterday is the third to die at this year's Aintree meeting, two died on Friday.  Will the owners care ? I doubt it as the insurance will pay out.  The Grand National is always singled out, but Cheltenham's record is much worse and more horses have died at Cheltenham Racecourse than any other in Britain.   For the month of March and this first week of April a total of  26 horses have died on British race courses.

There is so much money in this and that's the reason it's allowed to go on - it makes me so bloody angry and upset.

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:52:21 AM »
The old saying is "Love makes the world go round" I think that's been replaced by money and greed. :(

minniemouse

« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2019, 12:38:55 PM »
  Steeplechasing seems the worst.  When I was on holiday I was saddened at people queuing up for camel rides. 

Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2019, 01:09:15 PM »
Will the owners care ?
I think those in racing are very well aware that more tears are shed over a dead horse than a dead jockey, Raven.  I notice as I move this post that you have deleted those thoughts but that doesn't stop the fact that people ranting about the horse will often say such things.  Personally I can't see the logic.  Surely it's neither or both.  I don't suppose the animal lovers do much about the people whose lives are ruined through something like boxing either and we have all see that it is possible to love animals while suggesting people starve.   Mind you this has always been the case so I haven't a lot of hope really.

Original post Reply #3 on: Today at 12:25:20 AM
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

xetog

« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »

I am sure that I have written this before but at danger of repeating myself, we once though that we might retire to Spain and bought a property there.  One of our main reasons for selling up was the casual attitude to animal welfare.  Cruelty whether casual (leaving dogs confined in small flats all day whilst the owners are out) of intentional (leaving horses or other corralled animals without food, water or protection from the sun for days on end) is endemic.  We had a small farm behind us where animals were treated brutally every day and despite complaints to the police, nothing was done.  We once witnessed a chained dog catch and kill a chicken which had strayed into it's radius.  The farmer proceeded to beat it mercilessly with a stick and continued in spite of our shouts and protests.  We could stand the place no longer and sold up (at a huge loss) but it was worth it.  Another noticeable feature was that pretty much all animal welfare charities and shelters were run by Brits.

mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.