Author Topic: Personalised number plates  (Read 1100 times)

HerefordAnn

Re: Personalised number plates
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2019, 07:59:09 AM »
Unfortunately I don't drive but if I was to go for a personalised number plate someone got there before me lol - ANN1 belongs to HRH (so I believe)
People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it's more about the state of your body.
Geoffrey Parfitt

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:31:17 AM »
The only reason I can think of is to stand out from the crowd.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:35:30 AM »
I think it's a great idea and wish I had thought to get one early in my driving life.  Not really worth it now but how it would have saved having to learn each number in turn.

Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:15:03 PM
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Scrumpy

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:46:35 AM »

I can't even remember the number plate I have had for years..

We bought a nearly new tourer caravan once.. We were well chuffed.. Sam went to pick it up and I waited eagerly for him to return .. He parked it on the drive and I inspected every nook and cranny.. I was so excited.. Then I noticed something ,which I was sure Sam hadn't, so I , in an extra excited voice said.
 " Look,look.. Sam.. It has the same number plates as our car."
 Sam just looked at me in that special way he had.. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

StephenM123

« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2019, 08:52:23 AM »
Wonder who owns:

BR 14 N ?

Dayjo

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2019, 09:23:22 AM »
The original plate, on my present car made me smile.
 Easily remembered, MK18 VPL.... 😁
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
i recognise my number plate when i see it...lol...but i couldnt tell one letter
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:24:17 AM »
Unfortunately I don't drive but if I was to go for a personalised number plate someone got there before me lol - ANN1 belongs to HRH (so I believe)
Years ago I think the Princess Royal had HRH1 -
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:56:35 AM »
I could think of better ways to spend money, but whatever floats your boat I suppose  8)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2019, 12:25:34 PM »
Me too
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

mick607

« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »
For the life of me I just cannot understand why anyone would want a personalised number plate. In my view it just promotes snobbery like look at me I can afford this.My sister had one on her car which read xxxx WLC, the initials denoting her name initials, only worked though to those who knew her.Daft really.

Dickie

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:25:14 PM »
That’s one thing I remember so so well . My number plate says LNC and all I could think of was lovely New Car even though it’s old now but guess what tee hee it has eight thousand miles on my clock and guess what arghhhhhh my latest MOT said I’ve done eeeeek I can’t remember now but it was about 64 miles on the clock . Where on earth did I drive 64 miles too heehee xxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Traveller

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
Years ago I think the Princess Royal had HRH1 -
Mike

Finnish number plates  had 3 letters and up to 3 numbers.  When I worked in Finland, I was told of an English contractor who bought a Finnish car with the number HRH1, which was a perfectly good Finnish registration.  This was fine till he decided to drive back to the UK on holidays and went to visit his mother.  He was only there a few minutes when the place was surrounded by police and he had great difficulty explaining that his modest left hand drive car did not belong to Royalty.  Of course, the police couldn't do anything as it was perfectly legal.
You'll have had your tea.

Dickie

« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:59:57 PM »
Finnish number plates  had 3 letters and up to 3 numbers.  When I worked in Finland, I was told of an English contractor who bought a Finnish car with the number HRH1, which was a perfectly good Finnish registration.  This was fine till he decided to drive back to the UK on holidays and went to visit his mother.  He was only there a few minutes when the place was surrounded by police and he had great difficulty explaining that his modest left hand drive car did not belong to Royalty.  Of course, the police couldn't do anything as it was perfectly legal.

Oh wow I remember your fabulous motor home oh blimey that’s so fabulous . Does anyone remember I had a big one once and honestly it was so great and oh blimey memories are so great when you remember them xxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Scrumpy

« Reply #29 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:46:04 PM »

Memories are so great when you remember them..

Well said Beannie.. so very true.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.