Author Topic: Why do so many footballers drink drive?.  (Read 186 times)

brian54

Why do so many footballers drink drive?.
« on: Apr 09, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/danny-drinkwater-chelsea-midfielder-charged-with-drink-driving/ar-BBVKGf2?li=BBoPWjQ

As well as being against the law it is very dangerous as I found when a drink driver ran in to my car and wrote it off. It was fortunate myself and the 2 dogs were not hurt.
What did annoy me was the woman had a child in a safety seat in the car and she was 3 time over the drink drive limit.
Oddly I was hit by another woman as she misunderstood the situation. I had been drinks tested and the reading was nil.
Footballers earn good money and could well afford a taxi home or they could stay in a hotel overnight.

Diasi

Re: Why do so many footballers drink drive?.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
It's one of life's mysteries Brian, maybe the answer is because they are footballers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2019, 02:22:32 PM »
The answer is that they go from having very little to being rich and famous overnight with all the attention that brings. They're young, often naive and susceptible to all the seductions of the lifestyle...As many of us were. ( With the exception of the wealth. ;D )
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2019, 02:28:50 PM »
My pal used to work in a garage in Perth and several of St Johnstone's players used to come in for fuel. They mostly thought they were Gods Gift and could act as they wanted. Total arrogant Assh***s

Audrine

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2019, 03:27:18 PM »
Yes Brian, you see woman chatting away on their cell phones while driving  with children in the car every day over here. I am sure many have had a few. There should be a law against it

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
Yes Brian, you see woman chatting away on their cell phones while driving  with children in the car every day over here. I am sure many have had a few. There should be a law against it

There is here..Over there I assume that different states have different regulations as with so many things. Very confusing.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.