Author Topic: Coming soon to a court near you....  (Read 7631 times)

Undercover Pensioner

Re: Coming soon to a court near you....
« Reply #60 on: Apr 17, 2019, 08:11:06 AM »
Oh dear.  Please try and see this as others might.  You set out to 'prove' that a law is poor because you do not have to prove guilt when it comes to bullying.  You did not do that and I still believe that, in law, you would have to prove or disprove the case.  It did not go to law.

It was dealt with by the company.  Your bias towards your friend inclines you to support her which is, I have said, how I would feel if she was MY friend.  But I can't have such an opinion.  It is not a question of "having it my way" I do not know your friend; I do not actually know you other than how you post on here and I have no investment whatever in saying your friend was or wasn't bullying which you seem determine I should do.  I can not know and, when it comes to proving how the law works, it is irrelevant in this discussion.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Diasi

« Reply #61 on: Apr 17, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »
I'm afraid a smiley does not automatically make somethin funny Diasi.  The paragraph you refer to says:  "I think you would have to offer some more intellectually justifiable evidence than the biased opinion of one man, e.g., a proper legal summary of the complexity of this subject before I personally - and I would guess the law - would even begin to take his so called proof seriously."  Could you point out what I have said that is personally offensive in this and I will apologise.  I feel you should at least tell me what you are pointing to if you are going to say, in a post, that you are offended.

I was just pointing out that I could have taken offence at the way you put your point across, the "intellectually justifiable evidence" etc, you could just have asked for evidence of those parts of my post with which you don't agree.

In the event it didn't bother me & I didn't take offence which is why I put the  ;D at the end.

Are these the facts that you dispute & for which you would like evidence?

A hate speech / incident doesn't require any evidence of an element of hate.

The person to which the hate speech / incident is directed doesn't have to perceive it as such.

A third party, such a professional 'I've been offended' warrior, who perceives that incident & probably every other incident they see as a hate crime, can report it based on their personal subjective view.

Police officers can take action based on their personal subjective views.

Evidence is not required, all that's needed is for anyone who thinks that it's a hate crime, based on their personal subjective view, to make a complaint.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

em

« Reply #62 on: Apr 17, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »
UP and Diasi,please stop arguing.You are doing my head in!

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #63 on: Apr 17, 2019, 10:57:30 PM »
UP and Diasi,please stop arguing.You are doing my head in!

I am not arguing with Diasi or anyone, Em.  The last time I posted directly to  Diasi was last Saturday, but I am sorry about your head. 

This came up on Facebook recently:

I want my friends to understand that ‘staying out of politics’ or being ‘sick of politics’ is privilege in action.  Your privilege allows you to live a non-political existence.  Your wealth, your race, your abilities or your gender allows you to live a life in which you likely will not be a target of bigotry, attacks, deportation or genocide.  You don’t want to get political, you don’t want to fight because your life and safety are not at stake.

It’s hard and exhausting to bring up issues of oppression (aka ‘get political’).   The fighting is tiring.  I get it.   Self-care is essential.  But if you find politics annoying and you just want everyone to be nice, please know that people are literally fighting for their lives and safety.   You might not see it, but that’s what privilege does.”
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Diasi

« Reply #64 on: Apr 18, 2019, 04:40:13 AM »
Stop reading the godammned posts then they won't do your head in.

Unless you're one of the professional "I've been annoyed" group who read post posts just so you can reply & tell us all how annoyed you are.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #65 on: Apr 18, 2019, 11:08:33 AM »
Oh dear.  Please try and see this as others might.  You set out to 'prove' that a law is poor because you do not have to prove guilt when it comes to bullying.  You did not do that and I still believe that, in law, you would have to prove or disprove the case.  It did not go to law.

It was dealt with by the company.  Your bias towards your friend inclines you to support her which is, I have said, how I would feel if she was MY friend.  But I can't have such an opinion.  It is not a question of "having it my way" I do not know your friend; I do not actually know you other than how you post on here and I have no investment whatever in saying your friend was or wasn't bullying which you seem determine I should do.  I can not know and, when it comes to proving how the law works, it is irrelevant in this discussion.

I couldn't refer to the accused any other way than 'my friend'. I'm aware the case didnt go to court, so wasn't proved or disproved legally. What it did show was the willingness of some senior managers (long term colleagues of the accuser) in a public sector organisation, to waste a large amount of time and money on an allegation that could have been expedited quickly.  If requesting someone does a task that is clearly part of their job description is bullying, then almost every employed person would have a case.   If my meaning isn't clear, I apologise.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #66 on: Apr 18, 2019, 11:47:56 AM »

I can agree that companies do not always adhere to their own procedures, people don't and that is often why they end up losing cases.  But  … we were talking about whether "bullying" has to be proved in law or if the courts will just accept someone saying they were bullied.  This case doesn't really give us any more facts where that is concerned.  I can agree up to your last two sentences. 

Then you start talking, once again, about something I know nothing about while you have a very strong view and, for whatever reason, you seem to want me to justify how you feel about it - but I can't.  It isn't because I don't want to but I know nothing about it.   You are telling me entirely from your friends point of view.  If you really wanted me to decide what I think about what went on I would have to hear the other persons point of view and any evidence they have.   It looks to me as if this is what the new HR person did and then did his/her best to find a solution to suit both people so that no one needed to resort to the law - but what do I know?  All I know is that if you go to a tribunal you WILL have to prove that what you are saying took place.  Which was where we started.

Diasi

« Reply #67 on: Jul 20, 2019, 07:44:00 AM »
It seems that Canada is more woke than the UK.

https://bit.ly/2Ly59zs

Michael Rolls

« Reply #68 on: Jul 20, 2019, 08:19:21 AM »
Is there no end to just how totally stupid this sort of thing is getting?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

mick607

« Reply #69 on: Jul 20, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
I don"t think it will get any better Michael. Only worse.
LGBT will go out of their way to justify their sexual preferences.
I think one of the early cases was an Irish bakery refused to bake a wedding cake for a pair of homo's.
Little wonder there is so much homophobia about these days. The LGBT  bring it on themselves.

Ode Iron

« Reply #70 on: Jul 20, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
You are correct mick 607..and the priest was sued also..it's a mad mad world alright.
Masks are muzzles

Diasi

« Reply #71 on: Jul 20, 2019, 09:48:30 AM »
I don"t think it will get any better Michael. Only worse.
LGBT will go out of their way to justify their sexual preferences.
I think one of the early cases was an Irish bakery refused to bake a wedding cake for a pair of homo's.
Little wonder there is so much homophobia about these days. The LGBT  bring it on themselves.

The bakery won on an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Homosexuals deliberately target known Christian businesses & then try to get compensation for discrimination.

It's the homosexual equivalent of the 'crash for cash' scam.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

stellamaris

« Reply #72 on: Jul 20, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »
It seems that Canada is more woke than the UK.

https://bit.ly/2Ly59zs

I'm going off at a tangent here Diasi, but do you donate to Spiked, or know anyone who does?  When I read their articles I am always tempted to support it but for reasons I can't pin down, the fact they accept Bitcoins puts me off. So I am looking for the "skinny"* on it [*hipster, that's me 8) ;D ]
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

« Reply #73 on: Jul 20, 2019, 01:26:57 PM »

I'm going off at a tangent here Diasi, but do you donate to Spiked, or know anyone who does?  When I read their articles I am always tempted to support it but for reasons I can't pin down, the fact they accept Bitcoins puts me off. So I am looking for the "skinny"* on it [*hipster, that's me 8) ;D ]

I get regular emails from Spiked but I don't donate to them, but sometimes I think I should do.

No, I personally don't know anyone who get emails from Spiked.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #74 on: Jul 20, 2019, 01:29:04 PM »
I've never heard of them - who are they?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!