Author Topic: Why do women think if they befriend an elderly man they will get his house.  (Read 2774 times)

brian54

I have heard this several times before but a woman in the pub thought it was unfair she  had nothing from the estate of a man including the house from a man she befriended for about a year as it had been willed to the offspring.

Scrumpy

And why have they made Marmite and Chocolate Easter Eggs. ?
They did a tasting of them on the Good Morning show and they did not go down too well. It sounds revolting.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

And why have they made Marmite and Chocolate Easter Eggs. ?
They did a tasting of them on the Good Morning show and they did not go down too well. It sounds revolting.

Yuck  (how do you spell that?)

Raven

I have heard this several times before but a woman in the pub thought it was unfair she  had nothing from the estate of a man including the house from a man she befriended for about a year as it had been willed to the offspring.

Not all women are gold diggers, ::) in fact I would imagine it's only a small amount. Most if they do pal up with a man, are looking only for friendship and neither want or expect anything else.

Alex22

Why do you keep g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶  hinting about your Dad's girlfriend Brian  ?  with the best will in the world it does get tiresome  ::)

I almost forgot Scrumpy, you can get chocolate covered Scotch Eggs this year too 

crabbyob

I think Brian has a yearning.. ;D
get her to sign a prenuptual old boy...

do you know I had never seen nor heard of a scotch egg till I landed in sunny Donny
and a chocolate covered one goes in the same basket as deep-fried Mars bars
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

Indeed, we've heard it several times before, as well.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

Indeed, we've heard it several times before, as well.

Just like Theresa May, Brian's obviously a number 10 adviser?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Just like Theresa May, Brian's obviously a number 10 adviser?

Actually it's a very close call between the number of times I've heard "The UK will be leaving the EU on the 29th March 2019" & "women think if they befriend an elderly man they will get his house."
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

Actually it's a very close call between the number of times I've heard "The UK will be leaving the EU on the 29th March 2019" & "women think if they befriend an elderly man they will get his house."

:) :) :)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

:) :) :) :)
I rather think the original question is rhetorical.

GrannyMac

Not forgetting 'I joined a pension scheme at birth'.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

stellamaris

I think the real question should be: "why would any woman befriend a miserly, curmudgeonly  old b'stard in any circumstances?"
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

I think the real question should be: "why would any woman befriend a miserly, curmudgeonly  old b'stard in any circumstances?"

My present wife did, I'll ask her. ;D

StephenM123

Does this said person live in Birmingham? :)