Author Topic: Sickening  (Read 1415 times)

Michael Rolls

Sickening
« on: Apr 10, 2019, 12:46:37 PM »
A former Concorde pilot and his wife were found dead in what seems to have been a murder/suicide situation. That's awful enough - but local low lifes have ransacked the empty home and stolen memorabilia.
Mike
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-47878048
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

Re: Sickening
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2019, 01:18:51 PM »
Bring back the stocks for these lowlife scum. or better still the guillotine.

Cassandra

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2019, 02:55:56 PM »
I recall being shown old newspaper reports from the Blitz describing the pilfering of goods from bombed houses, including rings taken from the fingers of the stricken within.

An old time miscreant, I often defended confirmed this took place, but was resolute in affirming he made sure they were 'goners' first. Quite what he meant in ultimate definition by that comment I never saw fit to query?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
I recall being shown old newspaper reports from the Blitz describing the pilfering of goods from bombed houses, including rings taken from the fingers of the stricken within.

An old time miscreant, I often defended confirmed this took place, but was resolute in affirming he made sure they were 'goners' first. Quite what he meant in ultimate definition by that comment I never saw fit to query?

I'm sure you must have thought that maybe some weren't 'goners' before he made sure.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2019, 03:26:06 PM »
I'm sure you must have thought that maybe some weren't 'goners' before he made sure.

He featured in a TV programme entitled 'Spivs' Diasi and was something of a 'folk hero' in his native East End. By the time I met him, he had I was assured, 'mellowed'. However at one of our regular 'get togethers' he introduced me to his 'associate' as he termed it, a certain Mr Frank Fraser, who offered an 'alibi' for his affiliate, accompanied by a deathly stare almost defying me to quibble!

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2019, 03:55:31 PM »
I assume that would be Mr 'Mad' Frankie Fraser? You mix(ed) in interesting circles, my friend.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Cassandra

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2019, 04:17:01 PM »
I assume that would be Mr 'Mad' Frankie Fraser? You mix(ed) in interesting circles, my friend.. ;D

The same Zoony, he was very interesting to listen to and probably far more engaging towards me, after I was introduced by my client as an, 'OK geezer'. Criminals are everywhere among us, they just happened to be within my workplace and thereby far more apparent. I don't think their like are as 'colourful' today, or their advocates too, for that matter!

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »

It is very sad but it not new is it.  People used to rob coffins and there have always been some who checked when funerals were happening and burgled homes.  Nothing has changed; the world has always been divided between the exceptionally good, the exceptionally bad and the rest of us filling in the scale between.  The murder seems the more heinous crime to me.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2019, 06:52:11 PM »
I find it interesting how some notorious criminals are looked upon as heroes almost.. The Krays and Ronnie Biggs are just two examples of this..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2019, 06:55:37 PM »
... and Dick Turpin the highwayman.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

HerefordAnn

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2019, 08:17:59 PM »
That is terrible about the pilot's house being ransacked.  I just despair at some people nowadays. :(
People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it's more about the state of your body.
Geoffrey Parfitt

minniemouse

« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »
It's probably the 'usual suspects' if you get my drift.

Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

sparky

« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2019, 07:10:34 AM »

I find it interesting how some notorious criminals are looked upon as heroes almost..

Teresa May also comes high on my list, considering her ongoing  Brexit   shenanigans

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2019, 07:20:35 AM »
Well, she's no heroine of mine - more a pantomime villain - and it really is a pantomime!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Bobcat

« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2019, 07:51:14 AM »