Author Topic: Hospital again.  (Read 544 times)

mick607

Hospital again.
« on: Apr 11, 2019, 08:44:31 PM »
Hospital again tomorrow  & Saturday. Two more sessions  of laser treatment  after the six I have already  had.
This getting old milarky can  sometimes be 0a  a real  pain.  Not.

Audrine

Re: Hospital again.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2019, 09:35:31 PM »
I feel for you Mick, last year I had my share.Take care Audrine

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2019, 02:45:27 AM »
Thank you Audrine, 02.45 & wide awake !

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2019, 03:08:42 AM »
Wide awake here. Woke at 2:30 with a very low blood sugar .Treated and now need to get back to sleep. This insulin treatment needles me at times! :(

Dorsetmike

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2019, 01:47:56 PM »
I started losing my voice about 18 months ago, after the local practice had played about with varios pills and potions they finally admitted defeat and sent me to the ENT at the local hospital, suspicious lump on me vocal chord, back for more tests, oops its a carcinoma! Next test my lung capacity (COPD aftermath 40 years smoking given up in 2002) nope you don't stand much chance with an anaesthetic, finally they decided on radio therapy rather than chemo. Eventually started treatment last May, 5 days a week for 4 weeks, even got a concession ticket for the hospital car park.
Pain started after the second week and continued for a further 4 weeks after the end of treatment, For a time I was out of this world on a cocktail of pain killers. However it must have worked as my voice started to come back during the last week of the treatment and now all seems back to normal.
Hope I can now last another 15 years to make me century. There are a few 90+ residents here  in these apartments, think 95 is currently oldest.
I'm like my avatar, a local ruin

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2019, 01:59:41 PM »
Nice to hear of the improvement - all the best
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!