Author Topic: Legal Aid for ISIS Bride  (Read 4461 times)

ronyork

Legal Aid for ISIS Bride
« on: Apr 15, 2019, 08:24:26 AM »
I read in the Express today the ISIS bride (one of them) is to receive legal aid to fight her case to be allowed to return to England, this is expected to cost many thousands of pounds. we have a shortage of money to care for our own yet we shell out cash to help these people, is it time we said NO,NO NO. I Wonder if I could apply for legal aid to fight the decision of the local health authority not to pay for dementia care in a local care home for my wife?????

Diasi

Re: Legal Aid for ISIS Bride
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2019, 08:39:56 AM »
Hi Ronyork, has Audrey had to go into full-time care?

In answer to your question I'd have to say don't be silly, of course you won't.  >:(
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2019, 08:44:52 AM »
The public are having the p**s taken out of them by politicians and other scum  with a bit of power, on this and many other issues, when are we going to wake up and start telling   them enough is enough, and make them realise their days of ignoring public opinion are over.

crabbyob

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2019, 09:01:01 AM »
the girl has not applied some [censored] has applied for her
if her family own her own home then they can pay for any costs
i heard the MPs are not happy about it... well get off yer arses an do something about it
if it can be awarded then it can be withdrawn before the lawyers get their beaks wet... nothing to stop them doing it 'pro-bono'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »

Until a court decides otherwise Ronyork she is one of our own and we have a system which aids people if they don't have the wherewithal to pay for such a cost themselves.  As they have been saying since the 15th Century such comparisons as you are making are odious.

"Odyous of olde been comparisonis, And of comparisonis engendyrd is haterede."

You are comparing apples and pears sadly.  One would not offset the other.  The only thing that will change the care system is the governments willingness to do so. 

(I was wondering how you were coping too.)
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

ronyork

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2019, 09:14:13 AM »
Diasi .full time care no not yet but  I realize that day will come, I care for her in every way shape and form, have been before a panel to see if Audrey fits the criteria and she does not she cannot wash/feed herself toilet without help shower all these functions are a no/no her injections I do in fact Audrey does nothing(she does not know who I am).so when I see money being thrown around to scumbags it gets me slightly annoyed.

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
Ronyork , you should not be slightly annoyed, you should be bloody furious in the same way as most people in your situation

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »
Diasi .full time care no not yet but  I realize that day will come, I care for her in every way shape and form, have been before a panel to see if Audrey fits the criteria and she does not she cannot wash/feed herself toilet without help shower all these functions are a no/no her injections I do in fact Audrey does nothing(she does not know who I am).so when I see money being thrown around to scumbags it gets me slightly annoyed.

Ronyork, it should infuriate any fair-minded person, not just annoy them.

Tell the assessment panel that you can no longer do all these things & call the paramedics each time Audrey needs an injection, at £400 per call-out.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:37:27 AM »
ronyork..  How sad.. how very sad.. My heart goes out to people like you..

As for that bloody ISIS bride.. who ,it has been discovered, played a bigger part in her role as an ISIS supporter than she will admit to. She can go to hell..
 Perhaps they should let the people vote .. A simple IN or OUT..  Unfortunately the politicians would argue about the OUT result concerning this evil woman.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:42:31 AM »
ronyork..  How sad.. how very sad.. My heart goes out to people like you..

As for that bloody ISIS bride.. who ,it has been discovered, played a bigger part in her role as an ISIS supporter than she will admit to. She can go to hell..
 Perhaps they should let the people vote .. A simple IN or OUT..  Unfortunately the politicians would argue about the OUT result concerning this evil woman.

What annoys me even more is the way in which the law appears to be interpreted on a selective basis.

It seems that returning ISIS supporters are only facing any legal action in the UK if it can be proved they committed any offences while being a member of ISIS, which is why only 40 out of several hundred (900 I think) returning ISIS members have faced any legal action in the UK.

Compare this with the fact that anyone who joins 'Britain First' commits an offence by just by joining, they don't have to attend meetings or rallies or do anything other than join. 

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:46:08 AM »
Until a court decides otherwise Ronyork she is one of our own and we have a system which aids people if they don't have the wherewithal to pay for such a cost themselves. 

Surely if the woman has had her passport taken away .. She is NOT one of our own.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »

Surely if the woman has had her passport taken away .. She is NOT one of our own.

This is what her appeal is about.

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2019, 11:20:26 AM »

The fact is that she fits the criteria for Legal Aid and the law says she gets it. I like it as little as you but it's not a matter of opinion.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »

Wrong zoony..
It is a matter of opinion..  If I am paying towards something surely my opinion counts.  I hope the people of this country voice their opinion in a very loud way.

sparky

« Reply #14 on: Apr 15, 2019, 11:36:41 AM »

The fact is that she fits the criteria for Legal  Aid

Well it appears somebody should take a long  hard look and then some action on the criteria that allows this, but denies it for more deserving domestic cases.