Author Topic: Legal Aid for ISIS Bride  (Read 4460 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Legal Aid for ISIS Bride
« Reply #30 on: Apr 16, 2019, 06:41:45 AM »
It's the arbitrary way that the law's applied, or written, that I find hard to accept.

As I understand things it's a criminal offence to be member of a proscribed organisation but the authorities are saying that evidence of criminal activity, in addition to membership, is needed in order to take action against returning ISIS members, whereas membership in itself it enough for a criminal prosecution if someone joins a UK far-right proscribed group.
That's one of the things that bugs me about this. If BNF membership can be proscribed, why not ISIS?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #31 on: Apr 16, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »
That's one of the things that bugs me about this. If BNF membership can be proscribed, why not ISIS?
Mike

ISIS is a proscribed organisation according to the list that I've read, hence my comment about the selective way in which the law appears to be applied.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »
And your comment seems eminently reasonable (hope that doesn't sound condescending - not meant to be - I agree totally
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »
ronyork..  How sad.. how very sad.. My heart goes out to people like you..

As for that bloody ISIS bride.. who ,it has been discovered, played a bigger part in her role as an ISIS supporter than she will admit to. She can go to hell..
 Perhaps they should let the people vote .. A simple IN or OUT..  Unfortunately the politicians would argue about the OUT result concerning this evil woman.

That is gossip Scrumpy and we will be descending to ducking so call witches again if we rely on gossip.  That is why she needs to come back and have all these rumours tested to see if there is any truth in them.  If there is then appropriate sentences would follow.  As it is this is simply trial by media.  This is why we have laws.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #34 on: Apr 16, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
ISIS is a proscribed organisation according to the list that I've read, hence my comment about the selective way in which the law appears to be applied.

But we really don't know if it is selective Diasi.  Have you any proof?  It should not be happening but we do need to see if what each group has been found guilty of and how they have been punished to be sure their cases are being dealt with differently.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

crabbyob

« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
of course you are right UP, we should bring her here and allow your cronies "the Snowflakes" try her and find her 'lead astray in her formative years' and release her to indoctrinate others, we are short of terrorist cells... let her go round telling others of how wonderful it was, married at fifteen, instead of attending college, knock out more babies, for allah, collect social money, thats why all these stupid old folks worked all their lives...
everyone is entitled to an opinion, but girl yours are as bent as a corkscrew
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

mick607

« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:44:20 PM »
of course you are right UP, we should bring her here and allow your cronies "the Snowflakes" try her and find her 'lead astray in her formative years' and release her to indoctrinate others, we are short of terrorist cells... let her go round telling others of how wonderful it was, married at fifteen, instead of attending college, knock out more babies, for allah, collect social money, thats why all these stupid old folks worked all their lives...
everyone is entitled to an opinion, but girl yours are as bent as a corkscrew

You have said what countless others are thinking.
Well said.

zoony

« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:48:33 PM »
I don't agree at all. People's knees tend to jerk when emotion gets involved. She should be brought to account for her actions and punished as the law dictates rather than how the hotheads desire..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 2019, 07:22:23 PM »
I don:t agree at all
Why spend good money keeping her in prison instead of wasting one penny on her deny her entry in to this country. Much cheaper.

zoony

« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2019, 07:52:46 PM »
You'd let her go scot free to creep back into this country illegally? I want to see her properly, and legally, punished for what she's done.

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #40 on: Apr 17, 2019, 08:59:31 PM »
No zoony. Keeping her out of the UK would be a good punishment for her. That being the last thing she wants.

Alex22

« Reply #41 on: Apr 17, 2019, 09:00:31 PM »
Can anyone tell me why she can't be tried in Syria  ?

zoony

« Reply #42 on: Apr 17, 2019, 09:05:24 PM »
The laws she's broken are UK ones, I guess, which would mean a trial under British jurisprudence held in Britain. I don't know that but it seems logical. Where's Rumpole when you need him..

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #43 on: Apr 17, 2019, 09:16:56 PM »
 :D :D :D

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #44 on: Apr 17, 2019, 11:54:10 PM »
No zoony. Keeping her out of the UK would be a good punishment for her. That being the last thing she wants.

It just might be illegal, but hey … let's not worry about a silly little thing like understanding the law.