Author Topic: Beggars  (Read 1751 times)

brian54

Beggars
« on: Apr 15, 2019, 09:15:24 PM »
I went in to Birmingham today and was asked for money by a beggar and gave him £0.00 but I pointed to a sign saying McDonalds is hiring people and got abuse,
Later I was in Erdington and the same happened there.
These people don't want work and should be left to starve,

Diasi

Re: Beggars
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »
You need to stop trying to help them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

ronyork

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »
Ban this  third world way of life from our streets of course this way of life will continue as long as people dip into their pockets and hand cash over. Food banks did not have them during the last war and other hardship times NO people got off their backsides and worked, big issue sellers get rid off this street litter most of the sellers seem to need a good wash one in this town is surrounded bye his worldly goods what an eyesore. Do not encourage this riff/raff to YOUR town with the begging bowls.

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:15:27 AM »
I went in to Birmingham today and was asked for money by a beggar and gave him £0.00 but I pointed to a sign saying McDonalds is hiring people and got abuse,
Later I was in Erdington and the same happened there.
These people don't want work and should be left to starve,

I'm going to say it.. If I get chucked of the site so be it.

Brian. You are a repetitious boring old fart..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Dorsetmike

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:34:31 AM »
We have a community polie officer come in to our coffee morning once a month for a briefing on relevant local issues; begging has been mentioned  few times, some beggars are known to get as much as £100 per day. One has been seen to leave his "pitch" and wander down a side road and get into his late model BMW. The police advice is give them no money.

There are some who sleep rough around to main bus station, the council deterred them for a while by playing bagpipe records which did seem to work for a while.
I'm like my avatar, a local ruin

brian54

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:39:43 AM »
We have a community polie officer come in to our coffee morning once a month for a briefing on relevant local issues; begging has been mentioned  few times, some beggars are known to get as much as £100 per day. One has been seen to leave his "pitch" and wander down a side road and get into his late model BMW. The police advice is give them no money.

There are some who sleep rough around to main bus station, the council deterred them for a while by playing bagpipe records which did seem to work for a while.

That is more than some pensioners get.

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »
if they played bagpipe music in donny it would collect a crowd
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »
So sick of hearing about this 'beggar' and his 'late-model BMW'. He certainly gets around. How nice it must be to sit in comfortable, centrally-heated homes with full bellies and carp about those who have little or nothing..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:59:47 AM »

I'll second that Scrumpy  8)

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2019, 12:36:27 PM »
So sick of hearing about this 'beggar' and his 'late-model BMW'. He certainly gets around. How nice it must be to sit in comfortable, centrally-heated homes with full bellies and carp about those who have little or nothing..

I watched a recent three parter about homeless/begging.  It's well known by the homeless workers in Sheffield that not all beggars are homeless, and not every homeless person begs. Advice is to donate to homeless charities, not directly to beggars.

Many had addiction problems, had been in care, or had learning and mental health difficulties.  No one begs or sleeps rough if they have a decent life.

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

ronyork

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2019, 02:55:48 PM »
They always come up with some excuse/reason as to why they are crap on our streets. its never their fault, ex soldiers ask them for their army number its a number you never forget, ask them who forced the cider bottle into their hand, who told them they are not for the world of work. why should they try to earn a living when there are so many MUGS about filling their begging bowls and making our towns looking so ill kept.

Audrine

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »
We have them over here. They stand at stop signs so while driving you can hardly avoid them. Some look so young I wonder where is their pride? I suppose if you are hungry enough you have no pride. I hardly ever see anyone roll the window down of their vehicle & give them a hand out.A sad situation if you ask me.

brian54

« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2019, 05:29:51 PM »
They always come up with some excuse/reason as to why they are crap on our streets. its never their fault, ex soldiers ask them for their army number its a number you never forget, ask them who forced the cider bottle into their hand, who told them they are not for the world of work. why should they try to earn a living when there are so many MUGS about filling their begging bowls and making our towns looking so ill kept.

I was walking with an ex army man a while ago and we came across a beggar and my friend asked him his army number.
The number he gave did not even have the correct number of digits.
The beggar got £0.00 out of my friend.

Suburban Roco

« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:35:13 PM »

Heck, I just joined and somebody is trying to get chucked off ? , presumably Scrumpy you agreed to the lets all be friends etc ,Brian54 has started many topics , and has in my opion has been often right , If you disagre with his view why read them ?

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:45:38 PM »
Welcome to PF Roco..You'll get used to Scrumpy...A very rude person and not a considerer of feelings.  ::)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.