Author Topic: its all in the taste,  (Read 433 times)

Alfred

its all in the taste,
« on: Apr 18, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
its a strange thing when we eat some thing or other and afterwards we might remark to say a family member iv bought some hot cross buns and the taste wasn't very nice, and yet another person might eat a bun from the same pack, and say they were delicious,

with Easter virtually upon us and hot cross buns are now sold all year round, i assume the taste from one bakery might differ if say some buns contain more cinnamon, than other buns, baked from some where else,

so its amazing how taste can affect what we eat, and what we might or might not recommend to some one else,

Q; is taste something which comes with age or is it some thing else
 do you have any thoughts on taste in general,

zoony

Re: its all in the taste,
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2019, 01:41:03 AM »
Sorry Alfred, I missed this.. I've thought about 'taste' most of my life or at least since as a young child when I discovered that everybody else ate things that I couldn't stand to put in my mouth. As an adult I don't accept dinner invitations as I know there'll come a point where I have to refuse something on the grounds that "I don't like it". Then I get "But you never tasted mine" or "You'll like this one" or "Just try it"...I know there are others like me but it doesn't ever feel that way. I still eat the foods that I found safe and tasty to eat as a kid. Nobody should criticize that, it's been the bain of my life and if I could change it I would. I get angry if I'm called 'picky'. Picky has nothing to do with it.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Dorsetmike

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »
With you there Zoony 100% in my case a couple of allergies add to the problem.
I'm like my avatar, a local ruin

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2019, 11:42:30 AM »
Guess that's two of us then, Mike..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2019, 07:03:02 PM »
I can't stand rare meat, fat, uncooked cheese (love it melted though) most seafood, or offal. I like most other food, and unfortunately have a sweet tooth. 🍰🍫🍧🍨🍦🍮
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Traveller

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »
Taste doesn't come with age, but it changes with it.  I used to have a 'sweet tooth' but I much prefer savoury foods now.  I rarely eat desserts.   I think I've also become a little more adventurous in my food choices - especially when I'm on holiday and I like to try local dishes.   I'm not keen on rare beef, but I'm happy to try most other things..  I love Octopus.

You'll have had your tea.

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »
if it fits on a plate i will eat it
and if it wont fit....cut a bit off
but i want my meat cooked
i also like Calamari  ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”