Author Topic: Are you aged 60 years and over? Are you experiencing difficulties with memory?  (Read 2656 times)

UCL Research Survey

Are you aged 60 years and over?

Are you currently experiencing difficulties with your memory and/or attention?

Have you discussed this with your GP or attended a memory clinic and been told that there is nothing wrong with your memory and/or attention?

If yes then we would really like to hear from you.

We are researchers in Division Psychiatry at University College London and a have developed an online survey that will ask you a series of questions about your difficulties with your memory and/or attention, your mood, your satisfaction with life and various other psychological factors. This should take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.

If you are interested in taking part then please go to: https://opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=61398.

If you complete the survey, you will be invited to enter into a draw for one of eight Love2Shop vouchers worth £50 each.

We have taken permission from the UK Pensioners' Forum team to distribute this survey and this study is ethically approved.

zoony

Reported
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Undercover Pensioner

I'm glad you did; I couldn't remember how to  ;D
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

StephenM123

A friend who looks in but never posts says he has reported it to the relevant department within UCL!

GrannyMac

Reported

It looks genuine z, says permission was given.  I may have a look at the questionnaire.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

Yes Mac. I just got confirmation that permission was given. The grammar was bad so I thought it unlikely to be from UCL.  ???
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

I had an inkling it might be genuine but thought Chris should know just in case.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Ashy

There are three keys to retaining a good memory. Damned if I can remember what they are.

StephenM123

Yes Mac. I just got confirmation that permission was given. The grammar was bad so I thought it unlikely to be from UCL.  ???

Reflects on today's poor basic education in English and maths! I suppose we are lucky they didn't use text speak!

Ashy

In my opinion, anyone that consults a psychiatrist should have their head examined.

Flying bomb

I can't remember if I have dementia or not.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

crabbyob

my Consultant said yesterday "as a result of the procedure you had done last year" i shook my head "i never had that done" he looked startled and started clicking away at his key board "yes you did look" i shrugged "i think i would remember someone probing up there" he grinned "i cant believe you cant remember either, but i asked for it to be done and here are the results"
how the heck can you forget that???? but i have
Miss Patterson was my first teacher 73 years ago, yet i cant remember a medical procedure from less than twelve months ago.... not life threatening, but non the less 'strange'... perhaps im getting near being 'old'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

On the moon, nothing burns.

crabbyob

and all the shops are shut, Ashy
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Undercover Pensioner

I'm fascinated.  What is so "bad" grammatically?  I can see one typo and I could argue over one difference I would make grammatically but that would be being picky.  It looks fine to me; do tell what you spotted? 

(P.S.  Did you check your post? ;D )
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.