Author Topic: Why ban the far right figures from Facebook,  (Read 3191 times)

brian54

Why ban the far right figures from Facebook,
« on: May 03, 2019, 04:19:44 PM »

Diasi

Re: Why ban the far right figures from Facebook,
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 04:53:13 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/facebook-and-instagram-ban-alex-jones-milo-yiannopoulos-other-far-right-figures/ar-AAAPfyM?li=BBoPWjQew

I am not saying I agree with these people but they should be able to express their views.

Because those who tell, what the political establishments & vocal minority pressure groups regard as unpalatable truths, have to be silenced by removing them from Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.

But don't worry, anyone who wants to know how to beat their wife, Islamic style, can still find plenty of instructional video clips on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGHAFxwI2qU
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 06:42:26 PM »
Mad isn't it?

mick607

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »
I think it would be a much better idea to ban Facebook instead !

Raven

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »
I think it would be a much better idea to ban Facebook instead !

Another Site just like it would soon replace it.

mick607

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
I sorry to say you are possibly correct.

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 10:08:24 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/facebook-and-instagram-ban-alex-jones-milo-yiannopoulos-other-far-right-figures/ar-AAAPfyM?li=BBoPWjQew

I am not saying I agree with these people but they should be able to express their views.

Brendan O'Neill agrees with you.

YouTube have refused to close Tommy Robinson's channel buy viewers have to actively click on a "this may be an inappropriate video" warning page. As though that's going to stop people who want to know more tha just what the MSM feed them.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/04/30/twitters-outrageous-meddling-in-british-democracy/
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

brian54

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 10:34:14 PM »
I do think the BNP, the English Defence League, and the Football Lads Alliance should be allowed to have their say.
There was a group of BNP members in Birmingham once exercising their right to free speech. I think the police were correct in arresting the attackers and allowing the BNP to carry on.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 10:39:48 PM »
I do think the BNP, the English Defence League, and the Football Lads Alliance should be allowed to have their say.
There was a group of BNP members in Birmingham once exercising their right to free speech. I think the police were correct in arresting the attackers and allowing the BNP to carry on.

You'll find that the trouble at so-called far right rallies is always started by left-wing anarchist groups.

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 08:31:55 AM »
I think this "far right" business is a tad over used. Most of the people in these organisations are just old fashioned patriotic people, whose views were absolutely normal not so long ago, still are in private. Most of it is no more than a smear by far left virtue signalling people who want other people to work for their benefits and are themselves violent when it suits.

Bobcat

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »
You'll find that the trouble at so-called far right rallies is always started by left-wing anarchist groups.

"Always" - and do you have any facts to support your statement ??

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
I think this "far right" business is a tad over used. Most of the people in these organisations are just old fashioned patriotic people, whose views were absolutely normal not so long ago, still are in private. Most of it is no more than a smear by far left virtue signalling people who want other people to work for their benefits and are themselves violent when it suits.

When it comes to violence, far right and far left are as bad as each other.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »
From clips and videos I've seen on line, I think you're correct Diasi.   Far right is over used too as Ashy says, I don't consider myself far right I don't support the BNP or the EDL,  but I do support their right to air their views.    I'm not a Tommy Robinson supporter either, but I do think he has been stitched up by the Establishment/media.  He was in Warrington yesterday and some clown threw a milkshake over him.  The 'clown' has received so much support, the said ' clown' was also an Asian guy.   Now I do believe Tommy Robinson's entourage has Asian members, he's not a racist imo but he will never escape his connection with the EDL which he left in 2012/2013

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 09:04:40 PM »
"Always" - and do you have any facts to support your statement ??

And do you have any facts to show that I'm wrong?

Akbuk

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 11:29:35 PM »
There are plenty of far right MPs sitting in various European parliaments. With free speech also comes the freedom of not being forced to listen............Choice & long may that be the case.
I’m a real he/him.