Author Topic: Why ban the far right figures from Facebook,  (Read 3190 times)

Diasi

Re: Why ban the far right figures from Facebook,
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 11:36:20 AM »
There are plenty of far right MPs sitting in various European parliaments. With free speech also comes the freedom of not being forced to listen............Choice & long may that be the case.

Well said, no one's forced to watch YouTube clips or read Facebook / Twitter comments.

No one would sit & watch a TV programme they didn't want to watch.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Akbuk

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
I've recently joined another forum, completely unrelated to this one but what surprised me...........they do not allow links to be posted. At first I thought it was a bad idea but at least its peoples own words & thoughts that are posted. I'm kind of getting used to it.

The one thing about YouTube when it comes to politics is, you get the whole of the statement & not just the odd sentence that the media outlets tend to use just to create controversy.
I’m a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 02:17:05 PM »
Here's what really happened in Warrington

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOv6nEnO2k

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 02:56:57 PM »

This is why Facebook say they have banned these people.  It seems reasonable to me.  Promoting violence and hate is illegal; I doubt that any publisher would want to be part of backing it.

“We’ve always banned individuals or organizations that promote or engage in violence and hate, regardless of ideology.  The process for evaluating potential violators is extensive and it is what led us to our decision to remove these accounts today.”
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Akbuk

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
I’m a real he/him.

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 06:58:41 PM »
a lot of us have seen media in action
this behaviour is not new,
this is why basically i have not bought a newspaper since 1984
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 08:28:13 PM »
a lot of us have seen media in action
this behaviour is not new,
this is why basically i have not bought a newspaper since 1984

I can't ever remember buying a newspaper although I suppose I must have done at some point.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

ronyork

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
Perhaps to ban all religious figures from T.V, and Radio might be a better idea,as most forms of conflict seem to   stem from religion, and the sprouting from their mouths.