Author Topic: The Flag  (Read 1334 times)

crabbyob

The Flag
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »
i took the child to school this morning, she is Indian, the school is a happy place it seems, it is certainly multi cultural, you can imagine my shock when i was leaving to see the union flag flying right there at the school... then later when i was returning from the Tesco run i spotted a house with a flag pole also flying the Union flag...
 now my question is this where can i report these people, i'm sure it must be offending someone,,, ;D
Well done Bar Hill, Cambridge
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

Re: The Flag
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »
Why aren't we proud to fly our flag ?  That was one thing I liked about the US, stars and stripes were everywhere. 

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:42:55 PM »
they dont have proper snowflakes and if they did Mr Trump would send them to Guantanimo
thats what we need, we have plenty islands they could indoctrinate, every town hall and ever school should have a flagpole donated...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:44:59 PM »
We have an American flag in the front garden of a family in the next village.. It has been there for many years and I think it looks great.. They are proud of their native country.

I was always under the impression that we had to ask the local council before we could fly our Union Jack on a mast from our property. Perhaps I am wrong. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »
A house round the corner flies a George Cross flag in the garden. My grandkids have a pirate flag on their climbing frame! 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 09:00:30 PM »
GrannyMac.. That is great.. Do they take turns in being Captain Jack..?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 09:10:42 PM »
There's a heck of a lot of Saltaires flying up here.  ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 09:12:54 PM »
is the lion rampant out of fashion
i have few wee saltire pins for my jacket
like the yanks do

Raven

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 09:13:32 PM »
There's a few of them too, but mostly the blue. I have a saltire bracelet, that I wear often.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »
Why aren't we proud to fly our flag ?  That was one thing I liked about the US, stars and stripes were everywhere.

Because the politically correct have deemed our national flag to be offensive & something of which to be ashamed.

Cue the wearisome predictable excuse about it being due to the fact that some National Front members & football hooligans flying it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Traveller

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 07:23:32 AM »
I've seen quite a few Union flags in this area  :) :)
You'll have had your tea.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 07:57:38 AM »
I've seen quite a few Union flags in this area  :) :)

The union flag's ok because it encompasses Scotland & Wales, as are the national flags of Scotland & Wales.

It's only the English national flag that's deemed offensive.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 08:07:07 AM »
My understanding is that if you have a proper flagpole you can fly a flag off it.

Raven

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 08:28:31 AM »
The union flag's ok because it encompasses Scotland & Wales, as are the national flags of Scotland & Wales.

It's only the English national flag that's deemed offensive.

Why is it deemed offensive? There's nothing wrong with it. ???  To be honest I like it much better than the UJ one. Clean simple lines like the Saltaire. When you put the two together it's just too much, too busy, if you know what I mean.

crabbyob

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 09:40:38 AM »
then add the Norn Irn cross it gets confusing
who is norn irns saint?