Author Topic: Great.....Just Bloody Great.  (Read 607 times)

Raven

Great.....Just Bloody Great.
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:40:59 AM »

Now the best mobile phone I've ever had is to be slammed.  :o Thankyou Donald Trump and Google...…..Fume.  >:( >:( >:(

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/05/20/google-restricts-huawei-using-android-could-mean/

mick607

Re: Great.....Just Bloody Great.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 11:45:13 AM »
Hang on a bit Raven. Huawei have or are developing their own OS. Knowing Huawei it will be much better than any Google offering.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 11:47:35 AM »
Are they? Ohh good. Thanks for that.. :D

mick607

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 11:49:31 AM »
It's code named Menghong or something just as unpronounceable ! :D

zoony

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »
'Unpronounceable'? Why? Seems perfectly simple to me..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:58 PM »
Most are to me Raven, that's why my local Chinese take away only has numbers on the menu ! ;D ;D ;D

StephenM123

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
I have got totally fed up with Android. There are endless updates that they advise you must do for 'security' yet they mess up your settings, predictive text, camera, charging, etc. Seems there is nothing minimal quality control and testing!

mick607

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »
Google I don't trust. They just love to know all your information, even tracking your movements everywhere from your phone.................If you let them  ;D

zoony

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 01:33:03 PM »
Now the best mobile phone I've ever had is to be slammed.  :o Thankyou Donald Trump and Google...…..Fume.  >:( >:( >:(

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/05/20/google-restricts-huawei-using-android-could-mean/

Raven, if you don't already know, the changes only apply to new handsets so you're fine..

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »
I have got totally fed up with Android. There are endless updates that they advise you must do for 'security' yet they mess up your settings, predictive text, camera, charging, etc. Seems there is nothing minimal quality control and testing!

I gave up on Android years ago, the phone got so clogged that it was too slow to be usable & then every couple of years they'd issue a new OS version to which older phones couldn't update.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »

Raven, if you don't already know, the changes only apply to new handsets so you're fine..

Yes I read that, but, they also said that the existing phones will not be able to update their Android operating systems. Millions of UK users will be affected, me being one of them. Then the Apps will stop working after a while as they won't have the correct information in them.

Ashy

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 06:32:11 PM »
I reckon if they want your custom in the future they had better come up with something.

Raven

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 08:20:13 PM »
I hope something does and soon. People are not happy and there will be a backlash, Huawei users are up in arms over this, and it's not everyone who can afford to replace their Tablets and Phones.

biglouis

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 11:45:17 PM »
Well Im glad I only have an old dumb phone then. I use a phone to make calls, not to text, take photos, etc  Nor am I glued to the thing 24/7 as some folks seem to be. I dont want people ringing me while Im on the toilet, in bed, etc. I dont want people tracking me. I dont "follow" people on social media and I dont give a stuff whether people follow me. I dont even have a phone in the bedroom. Yet life still goes on.

My nephew says I am a Luddite.
However I do own 2 desktops, 2 laptops and 2 tablets.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 11:55:54 PM »
I'm with you girl. My mobile is for texting just one person. I find 'social media' to be a future study for psychiatry (if it isn't already) and not something I want any part of. Having said that, few would want any part of my life to look at so it's prob'ly reciprocal.
Being as Ned Ludd seems to be urban myth, your nephew needs a word to the wise. Throwing epithets around willy-nilly.  ;D

cowboy wisdom.