Author Topic: C&A  (Read 437 times)

Traveller

C&A
« on: May 22, 2019, 04:43:50 PM »
Just one of the big names that disappeared from our High streets.  It's a Dutch company and it still seems to thrive in other European countries, so when we're abroad, we do quite a lot of clothes shopping there.

Now my daughter tended to poo-poo C&A and wasn't too happy when Mrs.T found a branch near their holiday apartment.  However, having not had much luck with buying clothes at home, she soon found that she could buy perfectly fitting clothes in C&A.  The result was that she filled both her own and her mother's cases.

She's off to Spain again for a conference next week, so I wouldn't be surprised if she finds time to visit a C&A.
You'll have had your tea.

Raven

Re: C&A
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:47:47 PM »
I used to go to Dundee to shop in their C&A also in their Littlewoods, luckily they were very close together. Also there was several wee second hand book shops nearby too so I had a good root in there while I was at it. Happy Days.  ;D  This was back late 60s early 70s.

Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »
I always visit a C&A when I stay with my son in Belgium, I have always liked C&A stores. :)
The only way is up....

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 07:09:23 PM »
I used to go to Dundee to shop in their C&A also in their Littlewoods, luckily they were very close together. Also there was several wee second hand book shops nearby too so I had a good root in there while I was at it. Happy Days.  ;D  This was back late 60s early 70s.

Me too. I liked C&A and Littlewoods was so popular in Dundee. I remember when the Overgate centre was built, all the little old shops disappeared. Very typical 60s/70s shopping centre.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Audrine

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 07:45:43 PM »
No more C&As in England, what a shame, I loved that store. I still have a sweater that I bought in Bordeaux, France. A bit thread bare but still presentantable.

Raven

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »

Me too. I liked C&A and Littlewoods was so popular in Dundee. I remember when the Overgate centre was built, all the little old shops disappeared. Very typical 60s/70s shopping centre.

The book shops I used to go to were at the other end of the Overgate, you crossed that very busy road and walked toward Hawkhill, they were tucked away around Tay St (I think it was called) Also up in the long steep road to the Hilltown..... Wee treasure troves for a bookworm like me..

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 11:32:06 PM »
I wondered why Coats & ' Ats just shut up shop in UK and it seems a new wave of discount shops like New Look, Matalan, Peacocks and Primark took their business selling more fashionable merchandise than C&A sold and at cheaper prices.  I used to like C & A but I was in one in December and thought it was really old fashioned, we're not missing much IMHO

minniemouse

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:11:11 AM »
.....I've always thought that about Marks and Spencer.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 08:40:00 AM »

I thought C&A a bit old fashioned too along with M&S..
 C&A lighting was good though and M&S underwear is my favourite..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

prestbury

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »
I wondered why Coats & ' Ats just shut up shop in U

So that's what it was known as, silly me for believing so called friends that it was something else  ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 11:15:55 PM »

The book shops I used to go to were at the other end of the Overgate, you crossed that very busy road and walked toward Hawkhill, they were tucked away around Tay St (I think it was called) Also up in the long steep road to the Hilltown..... Wee treasure troves for a bookworm like me..

You're right about Tay Street.  Nowadays I pick up books in charity shops.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais