Author Topic: Equality watchdog launches Labour anti-Semitism probe  (Read 387 times)

StephenM123

Equality watchdog launches Labour anti-Semitism probe
« on: May 28, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
I heard this on the news just now. Personally I feel that there are dark forces behind this. It will be PF next for criticising the suspension of a GP!

Diasi

Re: Equality watchdog launches Labour anti-Semitism probe
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 02:36:02 PM »
I heard this on the news just now. Personally I feel that there are dark forces behind this. It will be PF next for criticising the suspension of a GP!

Margaret Hodge is certainly continuing to stir the pot.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 04:14:23 PM »
I don't see how you can have many moslem members, whose religion is anti-semitic, and not have some accusation of anti-semitism.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:14:12 PM »
I don't see how you can have many moslem members, whose religion is anti-semitic, and not have some accusation of anti-semitism.

Good point.

I've also never heard of an anti-CoE investigation.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »

Muslims are a Semitic people.  Are you suggesting they are "anti" themselves?
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 08:07:32 AM »
Strange post - are you saying that some Muslims are not opposed to Jews? History would tend to disagree with you
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 08:20:13 AM »
Strange post - are you saying that some Muslims are not opposed to Jews? History would tend to disagree with you
Mike

UP is correct & if you go back far enough, history shows that Christians have Semitic origins too, so it looks like the Jews have hijacked & monopolised the term anti-semitic for their own purposes.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 08:21:17 AM »
Good point
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 08:25:32 AM »
Good point
Mike

The Jews started to monopolise Semitism for themselves fairly recently, in historical terms, in around 1704.

When you study it in any depth it's almost as if they did it to give themselves some sort of permanent victim status.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »
To be fair, their victimhood has had a fair amount of help over the  centuries
Mike

Bobcat

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 03:06:58 PM »
Yawn, yawn, yawn !!!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 03:08:28 PM »

Bobcat

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am wrong, the Equality Watchdog is part of the Equality and Human Rights Commission which you and I are paying for out of our taxes. So the way it works is a group of highly paid barristers and solicitors carry out the "investigation" which will no doubt take ages and earn them oodles of cash and will result in a thousand page report that will be given "due consideration" by the Labour party, which is a euphemism for "sticking it on a shelf and forgetting about it". So again we, us ordinary folk, are being shafted by the "establishment".

Ashy

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
The EHRC can prosecute or order people about. They gave the British National Party a hard time.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 07:37:05 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am wrong, the Equality Watchdog is part of the Equality and Human Rights Commission which you and I are paying for out of our taxes. So the way it works is a group of highly paid barristers and solicitors carry out the "investigation" which will no doubt take ages and earn them oodles of cash and will result in a thousand page report that will be given "due consideration" by the Labour party, which is a euphemism for "sticking it on a shelf and forgetting about it". So again we, us ordinary folk, are being shafted by the "establishment".
Please don't say you are surprised! Many years ago I read a - I suppose one could call it science fiction in that it was set in the future - book when the general populace rose up and, in a more or less rerun of the French revolution, found a good use for lamp posts - the lawyers being the first choice for 'A bas les ...'
Hard to disagree in some ways
Mike