Author Topic: teresa may  (Read 500 times)

katkin11

teresa may
« on: Jun 07, 2019, 10:39:21 AM »
why is she still in charge? :P surley she should go today,her deputy could take over till a new prime minister is elected.sorry meant  ::)

Michael Rolls

Re: teresa may
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »
Don't ask me - I agree with you, but I would never be surprised if she doesn't find some way of persuading herself (but nobody else!) that she shouldn't really go at all
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:24:07 AM »
Whilst she is supposedly remaining in post until a substitute has been appointed, the 1922 committee has made the rule that elections will start after she has resigned. That poses a difficulty, in my humble opinion.

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »
I think she should have stayed in both positions until the new leader (and PM) is appointed. There is no deputy because she choose not to appoint one (why I doubt we will never know).

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »
I wonder if a sensible deputy PM might have been able to influence her tunnel vision on the Deal? Maybe that is why she did not have one!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »
In my despair over the woman, I had forgotten that she doesn't have a deputy, either official or unofficial.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Cassandra

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2019, 03:49:42 PM »
In my despair over the woman, I had forgotten that she doesn't have a deputy, either official or unofficial.
Mike

David Lidington has frequently been described as the 'Maybots' de facto deputy Prime Minister another remainer of course. He has however refrained from becoming a candidate to officially lead the Party of Dissimulation in its continuing parliamentary bid to stay in the EU.

A great shame, as his prowess for invisibility would have ensured seamless continuity at the head of Government.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

katkin11

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2019, 05:35:41 PM »
so she is still in there for another 5 weeks at least then kicking the can down the road like brexit then,too many candidates applying for job should have had 5 or 6 only it would have been quicker then also who are the membership who decide on the 2 candicates ?

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »
A deputy or the lack of, hardly makes any difference because Mrs May would have picked her deputy, and they would be one of them.
For katkin11, the conservative MPs will vote according to their procedures until there are two candidates left over, then, providing they both wish to continue, the membership gets a vote. If one of them chucks it in then, they don't, afaik.

I just wondered what if neither of them wishes to continue at that point? The can goes on down the road of its own accord, I expect.