Author Topic: Over seventy...!!  (Read 670 times)

Scrumpy

Over seventy...!!
« on: Jun 11, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
.. over the hill.
 I was in the opticians recently to buy some new glasses. My daughter was with me to help me choose. It is very difficult to see what glasses suit us because we need our glasses on to see what suits us.!
 I chose two pair of glasses and asked the sales girl to put my prescription lens into them. She said that I needed to have an eye test first. I told her that I had an eye test only ten months ago. She looked at my daughter and said in a quiet voice.

" It is wise to have an eye test every year once you are 70."

I was completely invisible to her . ;D ;D

I think I am now at the age where I am seen and not heard..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Maddie Malone

Re: Over seventy...!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
Scrumpy you should have said you always thought there were 12 month’s  in a year so your prescription was still valid 😊

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »

I didn't get a chance to say anything.. !!  Most unusual for me.
 She still has much to learn. Her being only around 12 years old.

Why is it that some people think, because we are older ,  we suffer with hearing problems and are not really understanding words that are being spoken.  ;D ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

minniemouse

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2019, 11:40:39 AM »
A few days ago I was taking a skirt back to the shop to complain and get a refund.  I was talking to a young woman at the bus stop, telling her about it.  She said, are you alright going, would you like me to come with you?  ::)
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Cassandra

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »
A few days ago I was taking a skirt back to the shop to complain and get a refund.  I was talking to a young woman at the bus stop, telling her about it.  She said, are you alright going, would you like me to come with you?  ::)

I tripped over a microphone lead at a meeting last week and was helped most kindly by two beautiful young ladies who were very genuinely concerned and worried. I tried to do it again on the way out too, but missed!
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2019, 12:21:54 PM »

;D ;D ;D  She wanted to ride shotgun..

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »
I tripped over a microphone lead at a meeting last week and was helped most kindly by two beautiful young ladies who were very genuinely concerned and worried. I tried to do it again on the way out too, but missed!

Don't worry Cassandra.. You will get it right , with a bit of practice..
 You will learn just when to limp.. drop something you are carrying  and fumble at the till.. Fumbling at the till looking for the exact money and you are one pound short takes skill.. You will soon have Jo Public having a whip round.

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »

Why is it that some people think, because we are older ,  we suffer with hearing problems and are no really understanding words that are being spoken.

Pardon

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
Only the other day I asked my wife why she made me say everything twice.

Know what she said? ..."Eh?"

Cassandra

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »

Don't worry Cassandra.. You will get it right , with a bit of practice..
You will learn just when to limp.. drop something you are carrying  and fumble at the till.. Fumbling at the till looking for the exact money and you are one pound short takes skill.. You will soon have Jo Public having a whip round.
;D ;D ;D
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

biglouis

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2019, 12:14:58 AM »
I find that there is a time when I want to be selectively short sighted, deaf and/or a bit scatty. (Usually when someone wants to whinge or get me to do something I don't want to do).

And a time when I get pleasure in telling the recipient  "I have more degrees and qualifications than you have probably had hot dinners so don't patronise me".
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2019, 12:38:23 AM »
 ;D ;D  I take your point BL but I have to say that I've met a few folks with excellent qualifications and degrees coming out of their jaxies who couldn't fix a leaky tap..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.