Author Topic: specsavers  (Read 1368 times)

katkin11

specsavers
« on: Jun 14, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Why is there no telephone number ?cannot find it ,only a website to make an apointment online,have they stopped it if so why?not everyone has a computer especially older people,when i tried to phone the number i had it didnt ring and just cut me off

zoony

Re: specsavers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2019, 05:01:52 PM »
Centralised bookings I guess. The shops are very busy so they've obviously stream-lined the procedure..Much more peaceful at my local opticians..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »
Another one here who has a good local optician.  I've had some problems with my eyes and he has been brilliant.

I don't like Specsavers.  The pressure to buy is too high and then they keep adding things, putting up the price.

I do feel guilty but I go to my good optician, get a prescription and then go to Asda.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2019, 06:50:01 PM »
I stick with my local optician too, but they have a poor selection of frames.   I take my prescription and usually go to Specsavers or Boots to find frames.  I've used Tesco frames in the past too but wherever you go, the price of frames is a big rip off imo.

katkin11

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »
I have said eariler on these forums about problems after catarac op.still not seeing clearly after 2 ops Specsavers have been wonderful to be fair the problem is i like to see the same optican but booking online dosent do that so i will just have to call in to the store

Cassandra

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2019, 09:05:22 PM »
I get my eyes checked yearly for nothing at Tesco, now Vision Express, they then issue me a prescription on the spot, as is their legal disposition to discharge. At Selectspecs (online) you get really decent frames with scratch and anti-glare coatings all in for £6.95, delivery is £5.95. You do have to upload the prescription details. If that presents a technical difficulty, perhaps a friend or relative could do it for you. The saving is enormous, for under £13 its worth a try. If you order two pairs (Distance and Reading) the delivery is still £5.95, so two pairs for under £20, through the door within seven days. I first tried them about 6 years ago, thinking for the price it was worth a try, even if I only kept them as emergency spares. I was amazed at the standard, equal to the High Street alternative at several times the price and (excuse the pun) I've never looked back.

https://www.selectspecs.com/glasses/prescription/
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »
A great selection there Cass, I'm going boss eyed scrolling through  ;D    I'm not sure about buying specs on line though as I like to try them on.   Certainly a lot cheaper than the high street

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2019, 11:24:49 PM »
Why is there no telephone number ?cannot find it ,only a website to make an apointment online,have they stopped it if so why?not everyone has a computer especially older people,when i tried to phone the number i had it didnt ring and just cut me off

Well you will have to make an appointment online if you use their online appointment  website.

If you Google Specsavers, Your Town, you'll get the local branch details including phone number.

P.S. I know it should be obvious but if you Google for Specsavers, where I put Your Town, you put the actual town where you live.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

katkin11

« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2019, 08:52:16 AM »
hi diasi  I did phone the number given for specsavers for caerphilly but got the unobtainable sound thanks for reply anyway

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2019, 09:05:14 AM »
hi diasi  I did phone the number given for specsavers for caerphilly but got the unobtainable sound thanks for reply anyway

I've spoken to them for you on 02920 880066 & they will make an appointment via telephone if you give them a call on that number.

https://bit.ly/2XNZW9k
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

katkin11

« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
Maybe my phone wasnt working properly got through just now thanks for replying to me xx

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2019, 10:06:01 AM »
Maybe my phone wasnt working properly got through just now thanks for replying to me xx

Pleased that you've got it sorted.

katkin11

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2019, 05:49:59 PM »
So am I had 2 catarac ops on left eye still cannot see properly had 3 appointments cancelled to date even through surgeon told me they wanted to see me within 2 weeks after 2nd op in april, was told by hospital i would have to go to specsavers to be seen again and referred back,so i needed to see the opitican who has been wonderful i might add as she knows the case history. xxx

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2019, 10:33:36 PM »
Well I hope it gets sorted out for you & don't put up with being given any run around.

It's a sad fact of life that those who shout loudest seem to get seen the quickest.

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Jun 15, 2019, 10:48:17 PM »
  My optician is responding quickly to every myopic shift I'm having, to keep me driving legally, and overseeing my pre-cataract(ectomy?) care. He says he knows where it'll be done but when isn't an exact science. I rely so heavily on driving that I'm apprehensive about any period of time not being able to.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.