Author Topic: Online Payments, Changes on the Way.  (Read 1006 times)

mick607

Re: Online Payments, Changes on the Way.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »
When more & more customers adopt online banking then more branches close down, much more profitable for the bank but no more benefits for the customer. Like telephone helplines, I much prefer to speak to some one in person.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:47:06 PM »
Me too, and preferably someone capable of speaking clear English, which so many don't. On a similar trend - the other day I stopped for petrol on a service station on the M56. Inserted nozzle in filler and nothing happened, apart from a noise over the Tannoy which sounded like Donald Duck having a bate. Waited, puzzled, to be lambasted with more Donald Duck noise. Waited some more and a young woman came out of the kiosk and spoke - even less comprehensible that the DD on the speaker, so feeling a bit mean, I replied in French, claiming to have only limited English, which forced her to speak slowly and clearly (they can do if they want to, you know) to explain all their pumps were out of order. Thanked her 'Mercy, m'selle, vous etes tres gentille' which hopefully made her day!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #17 on: Jun 21, 2019, 11:57:27 PM »
hahaha whenever I want to get out of a tricky situation I always try French or German. Works every time and causes me endless amusement.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Raven

« Reply #18 on: Jun 22, 2019, 10:46:41 AM »
Me too, and preferably someone capable of speaking clear English, which so many don't. On a similar trend - the other day I stopped for petrol on a service station on the M56. Inserted nozzle in filler and nothing happened, apart from a noise over the Tannoy which sounded like Donald Duck having a bate. Waited, puzzled, to be lambasted with more Donald Duck noise. Waited some more and a young woman came out of the kiosk and spoke - even less comprehensible that the DD on the speaker, so feeling a bit mean, I replied in French, claiming to have only limited English, which forced her to speak slowly and clearly (they can do if they want to, you know) to explain all their pumps were out of order. Thanked her 'Mercy, m'selle, vous etes tres gentille' which hopefully made her day!
Mike

Might have been wiser for the Staff to just put up a notice, saying the pumps were not working. ::) ::) ::)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Jun 22, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »
Too easy, I guess
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!