Author Topic: Bus Pass and TV licence petition  (Read 1660 times)

mick607

Re: Bus Pass and TV licence petition
« Reply #75 on: Jun 22, 2019, 01:00:13 PM »

For a start assume that you will have the form and face to face reassessment later on this year.
Forget what M's Rudd said and what the written report says.
No one as yet knows who will get a 10 year award and no further reassessments. It could range from someone who is so disabled and ill and has one of the DWP recognised conditions (Parkinsons, Motor Neurone Disease etc) and already has the Enhanced rates for both Care and Mobility down to someone that just has 8 points for care (Standard Rate) based entirely on having 4 lots of aids and likely to return to good health over the next couple of years.
In my opinion I would go for the former as the Treasury could not afford 10 year awards for every claimant that is over SRA irrespective of what their current award is, how long or what their condition is.
That's basically just what I said.
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

Goingtoseed

« Reply #76 on: Jun 22, 2019, 05:23:44 PM »
That's basically just what I said.

In principle.

I warned additionally that it is more than likely that  not everyone will get a 10 year award in any event.

I would also mention of  the possibility that they will just increase the current award to 10 years without any further re-assessments.

There are so many things that they can do and I do doubt that what does eventually happen will not be as she said it would - there is far too much money involved in this whole thing if we go 10 years for everyone.

katkin11

« Reply #77 on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »
Hi according to Amber Rudd approx 270.000 pensioners currently recieving or about to recieve pip will no longer face assesments,most older people apply for AA .I wonder if claimiants only getting standard care could be moved  to AA instead.Just  a throught

katkin11

« Reply #78 on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »
Going to seed could be right in her statement she never mentioned new claimants so she could well move the goalposts also will she still have a job in 6 weeks or will the next person scrap it

Goingtoseed

« Reply #79 on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »

Very astute Katkin.
For a start there is nothing in place legally that will mean those on PIP having to move over to AA.
AA is for those that cannot, due to age, claim PIP.
If she sticks to what she has said, which I doubt very much will actually happen, she may well say that 270,000 will get a 10 year award and no further face to face reassessments. What she hasn't said is how can she can legally do this - a wholesale move of this nature when the legislation and case law does not allow it.
She may go the route of one final reassessment and if so you can bet your bottom dollar that the assessors/DWP will tighten up on everything with the intention of throwing as many of the 270,000 off PIP altogether leaving them no alternative but to claim AA which will be a far cheaper thing to do.

As for it actually happening, given the financial problems that we will face when we leave the EU, the whole idea could be thrown into the long grass never to be seen again as it would be too expensive to introduce. Yes she may be out of a job in 8 weeks time.

mick607

« Reply #80 on: Jun 23, 2019, 08:02:48 PM »
You make no mention of the £millions saved by being out of the EU ?
Leave Means Leave !
[email protected]

Goingtoseed

« Reply #81 on: Jun 23, 2019, 11:35:38 PM »
You make no mention of the £millions saved by being out of the EU ?

If we do manage to pull out, it is doubtful that there will in fact be any real savings.
For a start we are going to have to pick up the tab to cover all of the (previously paid for by the EU) farmers subsidies. We will also have to increase the MOD costs to increase our service personnel. We will have to start funding the border in Calais, as well as soring out the cost of the NI border.
I am pretty sure that the extra costs that will arise if by chance all of the 270,000 are given 10 year awards will be the last thing to decide on.