Author Topic: bbc debate  (Read 962 times)

katkin11

bbc debate
« on: Jun 19, 2019, 01:43:23 PM »
So what did everyone think about the debate on bbc 1 last night i throught it was very poor didnt like the video link approach only a handful of people were asked questions.didnt think the presenter was very good got a bit out of control with them all shouting at once,much preferred the channel 4 one myself what do you think?

Raven

Re: bbc debate
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
I didn't watch it Katkin, the thought of sitting through that circus leaves me cold.  :o

Cassandra

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:11:47 PM »
I didn't watch it Katkin, the thought of sitting through that circus leaves me cold.  :o

Likewise Raven, a bunch of duds, with the true Mantis of TV interrupting in charge, was more than I could have endured. I progressively find viewing Rory Stewart somewhat disturbing, now maturing to irritative.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Bee

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »
I didn't watch it, I had more interesting programmes to watch, well for me anyway. :)
The only way is up....

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:13:53 PM »
I didn't watch it but the consensus among party members seems to be why are any of them doing any TV debates.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Bee

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:36:12 PM »
Anyone read News Thump??? for those that don't know, it is an on line satire magazine.

I found this latest one about last night quite amusing. ;D ;D ;D

https://newsthump.com/2019/06/19/bbc-under-fire-for-airing-frank-spencer-audition-tape-instead-of-tory-leadership-debate/

The only way is up....

Cassandra

« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:39:32 PM »
I didn't watch it but the consensus among party members seems to be why are any of them doing any TV debates.

Rory Stewart reportedly did a good job last night, once again appealing to people who don't matter in this race!

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
Rory Stewart reportedly did a good job last night, once again appealing to people who don't matter in this race!

A lot of the media commentary centred around why he'd taken off his tie during the debate.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:52:40 PM »
A lot of the media commentary centred around why he'd taken off his tie during the debate.

Perhaps an attempt to appear to be 'cooler'?

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »
Hot under studio lights. Dunno about 'appear' to be cooler, possibly it was just to be cooler..Interesting if he has his quirky 'tics'..Not only makes him more human but it would indicate a disadvantage already overcome..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »
General opinion was that he was trying to appear a cool dude  :)   
I watched all of it, I didn't like the face to face clips with carefully selected members of the public. The Beeb slipped up though, as the imman they featured has been"Twitting" anti jewish posts and I believe he has been given the boot.   
I also thought Emily Maitlis was just awful !  she interrupted all the time and her snappy comments were aimed mostly at Boris Johnson.   It wasn't a 'debate' and if you didn't watch it, you missed nothing !

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19, 2019, 04:36:18 PM »
  I'm glad I didn't bother. Nothing more boring than prepared remarks and virtue-signalling.

cowboy wisdom.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19, 2019, 04:42:03 PM »

It was a really strange set up.  I notices RS kept his feet on the floor while the others sat up on the horrible stools.  He was probably just uncomfortable.  I don't think we learned anything new about any of them.  We already knew Boris would move backwards on his promise to leave.  Hey-ho, Years and Years final episode was good after it.

The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »
Rory Stewart got knocked out..
I didn’t watch the ‘show’ last night. I shall be pleased when it comes to an end.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »
Rory Stewart got knocked out..
I didn’t watch the ‘show’ last night. I shall be pleased when it comes to an end.

Did he? Shame..Thought he might be able to do something positive for the country..As far as an end to it, I fear that will be a long, long time yet...

cowboy wisdom.