Author Topic: Well done Mark Field.  (Read 1452 times)

Cee Gee

Well done Mark Field.
« on: Jun 21, 2019, 03:28:24 PM »
You force your way in, go for a senior member of the government you get what you deserve.

sparky

Re: Well done Mark Field.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:11:00 PM »
While not excusing the gate crasher , the way he manhandled her, he  seemed to have the  attituded, how dare theses plebs disturb me and my slimy cronies taxpayer funded p**s up. I wonder if  he would have been as brave, had the intruder been a big hairy arsed bloke, I doubt it,

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:23:54 PM »
I have unsubscribed from Greenpeace emails.  That is no way to behave.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:36:39 PM »
You force your way in, go for a senior member of the government you get what you deserve.

Quite right, and there should have been security staff to stop her getting in because, in present times, there's no knowing what nutters like this woman are going to do.

In the USA she'd have been 3ft off the floor as she was being taken to the nearest jail.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »

Fault can be shared 3 ways IMO.
She should not have been there. ::)
Security should have been there. ???
He should not have acted the way he did.  >:(

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »
Fault can be shared 3 ways IMO.
She should not have been there. ::)
Security should have been there. ???
He should not have acted the way he did.  >:(

He had no idea what her intentions were & as such, in accordance with the law, he was entitled to take what he regarded as appropriate & reasonable measures.

The nutty woman got off lightly.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
Suppose she had been carrying a knife - and how can you tell she isn't until it is too late and you are leaking blood all over the place - then what? If it had been a big hairy bloke even more reason to retaliate first.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »
Suppose she had been carrying a knife - and how can you tell she isn't until it is too late and you are leaking blood all over the place - then what? If it had been a big hairy bloke even more reason to retaliate first.
Mike

Exactly.

The very way that she came striding down the room was evidence that she was a potential threat.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #8 on: Jun 21, 2019, 06:17:41 PM »
While not excusing the gate crasher , the way he manhandled her, he  seemed to have the  attituded, how dare theses plebs disturb me and my slimy cronies taxpayer funded p**s up. I wonder if  he would have been as brave, had the intruder been a big hairy arsed bloke, I doubt it,

He took proportionate action based on an assumption that she was a threat to life. End of.

It's a pity that more don't take responsibility for the welfare of others.

Way back in the mid 90's minding my own business walking in South East London, I became aware that the public were running everywhere. Turned a corner to see two guys with balaclavas trying to rob a guy. No one bothering to help or intervene. I piled in an attempt to get the pistol out of one of  the robbers hand only to receive a baseball bat across the back of my head. Lying on the pavement the one holding the pistol stood over me and put two bullets in me. Stupid fellow who was shaking so much missed the vital organs and only managed one in my leg and the other in the upper arm. They ran off minus what they had hoped to steal.

Would I do it again - yes even at 70. If someone needs help or is in distress we all have a duty to intervene.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Jun 21, 2019, 06:19:57 PM »
well done!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2019, 06:26:44 PM »
I think he was wrong to apologise, that suggests he thinks he was in the wrong.

Cee Gee

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2019, 12:16:53 AM »
I think he was wrong to apologise, that suggests he thinks he was in the wrong.

I agree. He should not have apologised because he was not in the wrong. Probably told to by the appeaser.

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2019, 12:32:36 AM »
...He's a politician!...But I also think he did the right thing..if clumsily.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
I think Boris should make Mr Field minister of defence. The really good news about this affair is that nobody has a clue what Hammond was spouting about.

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2019, 09:25:33 AM »
Remember Stephen Timms ?  He survived an attack by a woman who approached him at his constituency surgery. She was convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to life imprisonment, he was lucky to survive..Mark Field did the right thing, but would there have been such a hoo ha if a security guard had removed this woman ?  I doubt it.