Author Topic: Cut benefits.  (Read 3599 times)

Goingtoseed

Re: Cut benefits.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2019, 01:02:07 PM »
You've just reminded me of my aunt a long time ago.  We had all being blackberrying in the woods.  I put the blackberries in some salt water to bring out any possible bugs.  'Nonsense, they are extra protein' she said!  She might have been correct - she is 95 now and still lives on her own.

She was right!  Much the same when food is dropped on the floor to be told to pick it up and eat it - 'It wouldn't have lost anything but it might have gained a bit'.

The young today very rarely eat fresh fruit. If it hasn't been washed and coated in chemicals and isn't nicely displayed on a tray covered in plastic wrapping, it must be dirty and unhygienic.

I was in Sainsburys last week buying bananas. The woman next to me was doing the same but reached over for a plastic bag to put them in. I walked off with three nice yellow ones, unwrapped and ready to be weighed at the till. No doubt the woman would be happy to weigh and pay for the packaging.

mick607

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Roast chicken breast with all the trimmings & of course mint sauce too what my wife grows in her herb garden !

Goingtoseed

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »
Roast chicken breast with all the trimmings & of course mint sauce too what my wife grows in her herb garden !

Mint sauce with roast chicken??

A concoction that I have never heard of. Should it not be apple sauce?

Mind you one of my daughters' insists on a yorkie with lamb/chicken/pork/turkey/pheasant and duck!!

mick607

« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2019, 08:04:03 PM »
I can't see how it matters, it's up to the individual !

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2019, 08:14:48 PM »
I have mint sauce with any roast dinner regardless of the meat.
 I think the mint sauce compliments the meal.. I sometimes have apple sauce with chicken.. It is a personal taste.
 I also have Yorkshire pudding with any roast.. I love ‘em.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

mick607

« Reply #20 on: Jun 23, 2019, 08:16:39 PM »
A roast is not complete without a pair of Yorkshire puddings !!

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Jun 23, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »
 Parky and Boycott?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #22 on: Jun 23, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Goingtoseed

« Reply #23 on: Jun 23, 2019, 11:38:54 PM »
I have mint sauce with any roast dinner regardless of the meat.
 I think the mint sauce compliments the meal.. I sometimes have apple sauce with chicken.. It is a personal taste.
 I also have Yorkshire pudding with any roast.. I love ‘em.

I tend to be a traditionalist and go by what etiquette dictates 

The same goes with the type of gravy. I have been in restaurants where they have actually used a type of prepared (out of a jar) beef gravy with lamb, chicken or pork-the chef should be shot! Everybody knows that the first ingredient is the stock taken from the particular meat that has been cooked. This is then followed by some of the water from the potatoes that have been cooked in. Then for lamb, chicken and pork cornflour should be used to thicken it. Gravy browning can be used for beef gravy.

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Jun 24, 2019, 12:20:13 AM »
Very opinionated stuff!...If I have fish and chips I quite like gravy on the fish. Gravy makes fish fingers better too. (I don't much like fish..).
 What does it matter what people like to eat and how they eat it? It's going in their mouth, nobody else's. I'm happy if people who don't like what I eat or how I eat it keep it to themselves or avoid my company at meal-times. Baked bean and crisps sandwich anyone?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #25 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:24:37 AM »
My wife & myself had crisp sandwiches last night for a snack washed down with a bottle of red wine, lixury  !    :D

ronyork

« Reply #26 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:37:59 AM »
Start in the house of lords,

brian54

« Reply #27 on: Jun 24, 2019, 06:40:08 AM »
Start in the house of lords,

Next single parent families when the spouse has not died.

GrannyMac

« Reply #28 on: Jun 24, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »
Yes, because all single parents are profligate lazy people who have chosen to be in that situation.  You can bet not one will have a pension.... 🙄🙄
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

ronyork

« Reply #29 on: Jun 24, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
Its not only the influx of scroungers from abroad reaping our benefit system, it,s also the lazy [censored] (home  grown) we have among us reaping every benefit they can get their hands on. Last week a member of our local Alzimers group who,s husband died on Tuesday had a bill for end of life care on Thursday for £2040 she requested a bed nearby (care home) so she could be near to visit him, I think he was in the home for 10/12 days. of course they were saver,s,  UNFAIR!!!!